• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP: Joan Lee
2 2

46 posts in this topic

Rest in peace Joan Lee.

Thanks for giving Stan the inspiration of the Fantastic Four.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joan-lee-dead-wife-marvel-comics-legend-stan-lee-was-93-1018951

Lee credits Joan with inspiring him. He was depressed about his career (Lee had dreams of becoming a serious novelist) and the state of comics (the industry in the 1950s was dominated by stories of war, science fiction and romance, genres he didn’t like) and contemplated leaving the business.

"Before you quit," Joan told him, "why don’t you write one comic you are proud of?" And thus was born the Fantastic Four.

I hate to be the one to say this ,but.

Whenever a spouse loses a lifelong partner, it's usually not long after the spouse passes away .

I have heard it called many things, loneliness,dying of a broken heart, nothing to live for etc.etc.

13 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I hate to be the one to say this ,but.

Whenever a spouse loses a lifelong partner, it's usually not long after the spouse passes away .

I have heard it called many things, loneliness,dying of a broken heart, nothing to live for etc.etc.

First thing I thought too, Oak. If anyone has the spirit, it's him. But he's up there in years, has accomplished his goals, and is facing a difficult challenge. Hard not to worry about it. Rest in peace, and thank you, Mrs Lee. Your support of your spouse mothered countless childhoods.

Edited by Readcomix

RIP to Joan.  Quite a blessed life.

To be honest, I'm REALLY concerned about Stan now.  To lose someone so close who has been with you for so long, it's more than some folks can take.  Especially for someone of his age.

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

RIP to Joan.  Quite a blessed life.

To be honest, I'm REALLY concerned about Stan now.  To lose someone so close who has been with you for so long, it's more than some folks can take.  Especially for someone of his age.

yes that is what happened with my mom and dad.