• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

I recently visited Paradise Comics. Guy at the front desk not only said that Peter wouldn't steal my books because "he has more valuable ones" (probably stolen from other customers), but he also said that 7 months is "how long it takes to get the books back." I Demanded that my books be back by next weekend and threatened to call the police if they are not. We will see what happens. 

Good for you 

:golfclap:

enough is enough with these clowns ...

24 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

I recently visited Paradise Comics. Guy at the front desk not only said that Peter wouldn't steal my books because "he has more valuable ones" (probably stolen from other customers), but he also said that 7 months is "how long it takes to get the books back." I Demanded that my books be back by next weekend and threatened to call the police if they are not. We will see what happens. 

In any random group of humans, at least one will emerge with the ability to apply common sense approaches to a problem.

Tag, you are it.:banana:

2 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Good for you 

:golfclap:

enough is enough with these clowns ...

2 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

In any random group of humans, at least one will emerge with the ability to apply common sense approaches to a problem.

Tag, you are it.:banana:

46 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I wonder how many other customers are still being fed that line? 

We will see what happens. But I think it is time to start applying pressure. Thanks for the positive feedback. 

@Wall-Crawler I think they fed that same bogus to everyone. Paradise Comics must think I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person if they think that they can fool me with that "7 months is how long it takes." But I showed them :) 

Edited by Spawn1709

30 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

We will see what happens. But I think it is time to start applying pressure. Thanks for the positive feedback. 

@Wall-Crawler I think they fed that same bogus to everyone. Paradise Comics must think I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person if they think that they can fool me with that "7 months is how long it takes." But I showed them :) 

Did you ask to speak with Peter?

8 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Did you ask to speak with Peter?

Or better yet, did you advise them to speak to your peter? 

On 3/28/2018 at 3:55 PM, mattn792 said:
On 3/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Maybe they stole the actual invoices?

:insane:

Not just that, but stolen the invoices while in transit to CGC...which has lead to all those customer books sitting orphaned in Florida!  Paradise is 100% innocent!  It was the carbon paper bandits all along!!!

We've cracked the case!!!  :ohnoez:

Actually, the invoices were on their way to IGC, Invoice Grading Company

I don’t think you are going to see them in a week.  I doubt they could be graded that quickly and shipped back.  That’s why I gave them a month to get my books back.

3 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I don’t think you are going to see them in a week.  I doubt they could be graded that quickly and shipped back.  That’s why I gave them a month to get my books back.

The books shouldn't be getting shipped now, they should have been shipped 7 months ago though.

CGC told me that they have received three invoices, but they have no estimate on when they will be shipped. I'm giving Paradise until the weekend before I go back in and if my books are not there, then I will call the police. 

At this point is there any recovering from this disaster?  If they refunded everyones money and promised to do better would people still use them?  With all the bad blood generated I just can't imagine anyone who reads this thread using their service.