• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Value Speculation - $3000 to Spend
2 2

148 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2018 at 1:16 PM, F For Fake said:

On the opposite end, I'm looking to invest $3 for comic book speculation. Please forward your 50 cent and $1 recommendations to me ASAP, I'd like to maximize the potential of my investment capital.

I'd recommend 3 copies of Dakota North #1.
It has everything going for it. 1980s nostalgia. Strong female lead.

And she has skills:
Dakota North is skilled in several forms of hand-to-hand combat. She has trained herself to be extremely physically agile and moderately adept at gymnastics. Her excellent physical condition provides her with reflexes, recovery time, and stamina above the norm for a woman of her physical age and build. North is also proficient with a variety of firearms, and is an excellent marksman.

0033737_dakota-north-investigations-1.jpeg

Edited by Jack Linguini
added cover image

10 hours ago, Jack Linguini said:

And she has skills:
Dakota North is skilled in several forms of hand-to-hand combat. She has trained herself to be extremely physically agile and moderately adept at gymnastics. Her excellent physical condition provides her with reflexes, recovery time, and stamina above the norm for a woman of her physical age and build. North is also proficient with a variety of firearms, and is an excellent marksman.

0033737_dakota-north-investigations-1.jpeg

I'd take you up on that, except I already HAVE four or five of these, because DAKOTA NORTH IS AWESOME! :x

On 2/28/2018 at 8:05 AM, NoMan said:

Has the OP spent the 3k year for this 2-5 investment this thingee yet? 

Again, my question remains. It’s almost April. Has the OP invested the 3k yet? What did OP buy? Would like to get the clock started on this flip. LET’S SEE THE RESULTS!

Edited by NoMan

13 hours ago, Jack Linguini said:

And she has skills:

Yeah, but can she cook?

Ok, what's the deal OP? Have you spent the 3k yet for this 2-5 year investment  experiment?

Lots of threads like this asking advice for "what comic books are best for" short term investment. 

Nobody ever follows through. Nobody. How are we ever gonna know if this sort of thing works out if nobody ever gets beyond the asking phase of things?

Edited by NoMan

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know where I said, but I'm sure that I did that hulk 181 was a good choice. Among others....edit actually what I said was a lot better than suggesting a book. 

2-3 years seems too quick for profit imo, but less attachment the better if the idea is letting it go so soon. 

I wonder if the op had a profit value in mind? 

25 minutes ago, NoMan said:

:facepalm:

I guess I'm just gonna have to do the 2-5 year investment experiment thing myself. 

Stay tuned.

:roflmao: I'm on the lifetime plan myself, then again I may only have 2-5 years left.

F -it. I take it back. I don't have the fortitude for such a thing as speculating in comics. I'd rather spend the money I'd have to put aside for this dumb idea of mine on my own collection and since I collect what I like, it just ain't gonna work.

The urge to get rich off speculating in comics is engrained really deep in some (many) people and probably indicative of much deeper issues. No matter how much a more experienced person (i'm not saying I'm super experienced in this field but many of you are) warn of the foolishness of such an idea as speculating in comics, folks line up for the slaughter regardless. 

It's like warning people of the dangers of heroin. No matter how much you say it's a bad idea, a really bad idea, people poke and jab for the mainline.