• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man 2

19 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This book is very sound structurally.  

Two main issues. Lots of Marvel chipping and a 1” tear on the front cover. Nice gloss   

It is at CGC now so will tell you the grade.

D71FB86D-FCC0-41A0-9A0E-94B39BBB8816.jpeg

9D8893C1-25E4-45F6-878B-7ED08E58F35A.jpeg

81F8745A-3F02-4498-8D4D-0619E4AD7A27.jpeg

This comic reminds me of my budgie he used to nibble the edges of his paper at the bottom of his cage just like that...Wait a minute isn't a vulture a bird?:bigsmile:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.da7ad7d554bfe80aad2ec690d8db8e12.jpg

18 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have a ToS39 with nearly identical tear, very similar condition-wise but no chipping. It's a 4.0, so I will say 3.5 on this one, possibly 4.0.

Edited by mackenzie999

On 4/30/2018 at 10:00 PM, ThothAmon said:

Nice book Rick. I’m higher (obviously), 4.5.  If it’s all Marvel chipping I don’t see them whacking it that hard. 

I agree!  4.5

I seriously think I owned this specific book many years ago. I bought it raw and had it for many years. If it's the same book that chip on the top edge was still there but barely hanging on. I'm pretty sure it was from impact and not a Marvel chip. I'm going a solid 4.5 on this book. 

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I seriously think I owned this specific book many years ago. I bought it raw and had it for many years. If it's the same book that chip on the top edge was still there but barely hanging on. I'm pretty sure it was from impact and not a Marvel chip. I'm going a solid 4.5 on this book. 

I have to agree with this.  The book has been graded now but the grade is not posted yet. 

From what I can see, I'd go 3.5 on this one. The chipping is rather severe on the front cover (there's also some chipping on the back cover) and the tear/crease is on the front cover, both of which tend to affect my overall grade. 

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added