• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,092 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2018 at 9:40 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Hi OrangeCrush!  Some nice books you have there!  But just a friendly heads up, you might want to block out the label of the competition.  Sometimes feathers can be ruffled around here if posting books that have been certified by other companies.  Just my 2c.  Anyhow, nice books and WTTB!

I appreciate the heads up. I understand were on CGC's website and in pretty much every other thread on this forum I would limit my posts to CGC related material because of that fact, but I figured this was one thread where that really didn't matter. I spent a decent amount of time looking at previous posts in this thread and I saw people posting everything from ungraded books to prints so I figured this thread was simply about posting great additions to your collection, CGC or not.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:31 AM, comicartfan said:

I am super thrilled to have grabbed this one. I wasn't expecting to grab another book so soon after my recent purchases, but I have been looking for this one in 9.0

1601181859031.jpg

That is a beautiful book! A very difficult book to find well centered, kudos man.:headbang:

On 1/21/2018 at 2:30 AM, porcupine48 said:

I think the old label is super cool,never see those anymore.

Agreed, old label goodness, I'd leave it as is.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:09 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

(worship) Great book, Venom Black Error Variant ! It looks so good with the old Red Label, PLEASE don't get it reslabbed. I think the Red Label, adds value and I would not chance the possibility of a mishap with reslabbing.  9.6, in an old label is a great grade. Unless you absolutely see a pressable defect that is holding it to 9.6 don't get it pressed, especially if it's a keeper. I cannot imagine popping the staple from a press. Respect the integrity of the book in it's pure, original state. 

What is a mishap? Is that when the pages misaligne from the cover during the reslab?