• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating GEEzusWalks
3 3

260 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Here is one thing that may have been overlooked... 

He says that he deleted the pics. 

Let's assume that he did a cash transaction for the book so there is no record of sale. 

However, I would like the CGC Sku number for the book.  Ok ok ok... some of you are saying that since the book is gone how can he get that? 

Well, since he recently received it back it would be in his CGC invoices.  If it is not in the CGC invoices because the book was slabbed earlier than that it can still be determined by remembering what batch of books it came back with.  Give me a sku number and I will enter them into the site with consecutive numbers until I locate the book. 

If the guy cannot get any of that information... then maybe he deserves to stay on the Probation List.  There are MANY MANY ways that this whole matter can be rectified but the seller keeps avoiding the opportunities to do so or comes up with a self validated reason for not being able to do so. 

I had suggested that we get the number when this first started and I was told then that the CGC # was posted. Someone captured it before the picture was deleted. I think if I remember correctly, they kept a picture of the back scan

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I find it almost annoying that we care more about whether or not this guy is on a probation list than he does. 

I continue to like your thoughts on this subject. Why is he so worthy of all this extra effort and attention? I just don't see it. (shrug) But the probability of him getting off via the poll decreases with every vote it seems. We should move on.

Or at least I should! :sumo:

55 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

I was thinking of something very similar at the same time you posted.

Perhaps, regarding circumstances similar to the @GEEzusWalks addition to the PL, there should be time frame for their sentencing to the PL. For example, a 1-year minimum where, after a full year has gone by, the member could ask that they be removed from the PL w/o the consent of the offended person.

The member would have to ask for their removal themselves (no un-involved party on their behalf).

Of course this would only apply to circumstances similar to the Columbia Comics/GEEzusWalks where there is no actual $$$ loss, but circumstances and communication surrounding the failed transaction seem questionable.

I would agree, but some people will say the fact that the book was underpriced is causing a loss of $$ for the buyer. I think that's one of the things that is dividing people on this.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:16 PM, GEEzusWalks said:

Brock,

We no longer have pictures. We deleted pictures to make space on our computer. 

We don't store anything in the cloud or have those pics backed up. Refund was given when we were unable to find book.

We will continue to look.

If we end up finding the book, we will offer to sell the book to you at the same asking price.

Did ya ever find it?

On 6/16/2019 at 1:16 AM, GEEzusWalks said:

Brock,

We no longer have pictures. We deleted pictures to make space on our computer. 

We don't store anything in the cloud or have those pics backed up. Refund was given when we were unable to find book.

We will continue to look.

If we end up finding the book, we will offer to sell the book to you at the same asking price.

There are many decent freeware options to get back your deleted images.  Most are fairly easy to use.  If it is windows based you can restore it from a timed backup that windows does on its own.

The cert # helps but the book could be cracked, that is why pictures were preferred.

21 minutes ago, toro said:

There are many decent freeware options to get back your deleted images

Are there any to get back your integrity? That seems to be as lost as the images.

I still haven't voted yet but I still find so many things odd and just not right with the excuses given.  One thing I find interesting is that GEEzusWalks visited the site 7 hours ago but has gone silent for such a long time.  If it were me, I would reply to what others have asked even if it is to say that same thing again.  Silence doesn't help his cause, I wouldn't think.

Can someone tell me - is GEEzusWalks of previous good character? Has anyone had any issues with them? If not, how about a compromise and a rule tweak. That would be that you have to be found to 'pull a book' twice to be added to the PL. That way, any seller who is the innocent victim of outrageous circumstances can carry on. If they do it twice though, they get punished until they make the second complainant whole. 

There is no definitive proof that GW did what he is being accused of - pretending to have lost a book which was underpriced so as to not lose out financially. So if he is of previous good character, should we not fall on the side of innocent until proven guilty? Now that GW has had his reputation trashed - rightly on wrongly - in these long running threads, do you not think that - if he is innocent - that in no circumstances will he delete pictures again prior to completing a sale etc? If he did, and pulled the same excuse, there would be no argument that he shouldn't be punished. And we all know how long everyone's memories are around here for shenanigans. 

The buyer did not lose any money. They were refunded. They potentially lost the money they could have gained by flipping, but they are not out of pocket. Annoyed - yes - but not out of pocket. So punishing someone for not letting someone else make money off of their ignorance / error seems a little harsh to me, as a one off.

Everyone can make a mistake. Everyone can find themselves in one of those outrageous scenarios where a sequence of events stack up as if the Universe is hell bent on punishing you - sell the book, find it's underpriced, then you can't find it, oh God I'm going to look bad here, you've deleted the pictures, oh no surely not etc etc. Very unlikely, but it can happen. So give people of previous good character a chance. Do it twice? Throw the book at them.

Is that fair?

3 hours ago, telerites said:

One thing I find interesting is that GEEzusWalks visited the site 7 hours ago but has gone silent for such a long time.  If it were me, I would reply to what others have asked even if it is to say that same thing again.  Silence doesn't help his cause, I wouldn't think.

What if he's suicidal as a result of all the abuse he's facing / faced? We've had threads recently from people appearing to be in trouble. What if he feels that stating his position once or twice is enough? What if he feels that the abuse he has faced is out of all proportion and has decided to leave the boards? 

We don't know. Do we give people of previous good character a chance, or do we throw the book at them based on - admittedly strong - circumstantial evidence for a crime in which no one lost anything that they already had (except a reputation maybe)? 

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Shpellin

26 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

What if he's suicidal as a result of all the abuse he's facing / faced? We've had threads recently from people appearing to be in trouble. What if he feels that stating his position once or twice is enough? What if he feels that the abuse he has faced is out of all proportion and has decided to leave the boards? 

We don't know. Do we give people of previous good character a chance, or do we throw the book at them based on - admittedly strong - circumstantial evidence for a crime in which no one lost anything that they already had (except a reputation maybe)? 

But he hasn't decided to leave the boards since he still visits.  I wouldn't doubt he feels persecuted as there has been much conjecture.  I agree there is no proof and haven't voted.  If I were to lean one way, it would be to remove him, especially since permanent banishment (without a way to be removed) does not sit well with me. 

I wouldn't mind your rule proposal but we would need some way to keep track - hopefully not another list since we have PL and HOS and those seem hard enough to manage.

At this point it would be hard for him to buy or sell here which is unfortunate if this was an honest mistake.   

I like and respect your attitude. :foryou: :hi:

i tend to agree with

@Buzzetta in his assessment that everyone else seems to care more about whether or not the seller is on the PL than the seller does.  

I personally would prefer not to do business with this seller.

If others wish to do business with him, then that is their business and I respect their decision to do so.   

As for whether the seller should be removed from “the list”;  I believe that should be left to the discretion of the offended party.   If I were the offended buyer, however, I would consider removal from the list to be a bad precedent.   

I have read through all this as it has progressed.  I feel that with the evidence provided he at some point should have a fair chance to get off the PL list.

After some very careful consideration I do not believe that "fair" chance is right now.  He has not been sentenced long enough for his "crime".  It is pretty clear no matter if he is innocent or not his name is mud at this point.

If I was him, I wouldn't make myself known and comment either.  It's like blood in the water with a bunch of sharks around, imo.  Ravenous, simply ravenous.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, telerites said:

I like and respect your attitude

Thanks mate. I suspect that you're in a field of one (thumbsu

9 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Thanks mate. I suspect that you're in a field of one (thumbsu

When we start disparaging optimism or belittling others' opinions, we are all worse off. 

And your post was filled with optimism :smile:

Edited by telerites

26 minutes ago, telerites said:

When we start disparaging optimism or belittling others' opinions, we are all worse off. 

And your post was filled with optimism :smile:

Optimism and pence copies. It's all I've got :foryou: