• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OPEN APOLOGY
2 2

143 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, EC Phanatic said:

I have been a jerk and posted some inappropriate posts...I just want to say I am sorry. I am dealing with a lot now. I am struggling with alcohol....depression...bi polar...borderline..OCD....anxiety and social anxiety...I am so sorry for being an ,.,,,i KNOW there is no excuse for it, bUT I am trying to be a better person. To all those I offended, I AM SO SORRY.

Apology accepted. 

May I suggest listening to some uplifting music?  :foryou:  

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Thanks.... Been using that... I just get annoyed when I wake up and find them in the bathtub from time to time in the early summer / late spring. 

Could be worse... I was in Florida around this time last year for two weeks... They get these giant roaches that come up from the drains and run around homes looking for anything that strikes their interest.  I found out that Floridians are so used to them that they call them Palmetto Bugs instead of what they are... roaches... Maybe that is to make them feel better that they walk amongst giant roaches. 

I love visiting Florida, but could never live there. I'd like to be able to step outside and night and grab a smoke without worrying that I'm going to be ferried away to the Kingdom of the Giant Spiders.

What I'm saying is that they got some ornery lookin critters down there.

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I love visiting Florida, but could never live there. I'd like to be able to step outside and night and grab a smoke without worrying that I'm going to be ferried away to the Kingdom of the Giant Spiders.

You definitely never want to visit Australia.  They have spiders that fly.......

15 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

You definitely never want to visit Australia.  They have spiders that fly.......

Oh yes, I'm quite aware of NightmareLand.

No offense to our boardie friends who are residents of NightmareLand. I'm sure you're all fine folks.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Oh yes, I'm quite aware of NightmareLand.

No offense to our boardie friends who are residents of NightmareLand. I'm sure you're all fine folks.

What nice day for a walk outside....

33 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

What nice day for a walk outside....

I been there a couple times but never saw anything scary EXCEPT...

Went to the Aquarium in Sydney and saw my first Duck Billed Platypus so cute... did you know they have spur talons on back feet with highly toxic venom? Seriously? Yup...

Also right downtown they have the Botanical Gardens, near the Opera House and such.  Well well well seems innocent enough... Ohh look at all the wild big white Cockatoos!!!  Look at them dive at you with ripping claws and beaks!  Time to amscray!

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Thanks.... Been using that... I just get annoyed when I wake up and find them in the bathtub from time to time in the early summer / late spring. 

Could be worse... I was in Florida around this time last year for two weeks... They get these giant roaches that come up from the drains and run around homes looking for anything that strikes their interest.  I found out that Floridians are so used to them that they call them Palmetto Bugs instead of what they are... roaches... Maybe that is to make them feel better that they walk amongst giant roaches. 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Last year in Florida, we came back from the store.  We were walking down the dock towards our boat, and there was a Water  Moccasin curled up on the swim platform, where we get on the boat.  I grabbed a boat hook for someone's boat and had him pinned for a minute.  I felt like I was being mean, as he was just trying to get away so, I let him go into the water.  

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Sometimes there are cool things down there though.  Last year I got to say I helped rescue a giant turtle that was caught in the middle of the road.  Took a towel from the car and picked this guy up who was about as big as an adult's tors. I put the towel over the shell and picked him up from the sides of the shell and walked into the woods by the lake to put him back to a place he would like a little better than the road. 

IMG_4568.JPG

Edible, but just barely.  Not worth the effort.  Best stick with the snake...

I think it was turtle meat that put Bear Grylls in the hospital...

Edited by Karl Liebl

15 hours ago, EC Phanatic said:

I have been a jerk and posted some inappropriate posts...I just want to say I am sorry. I am dealing with a lot now. I am struggling with alcohol....depression...bi polar...borderline..OCD....anxiety and social anxiety...I am so sorry for being an ,.,,,i KNOW there is no excuse for it, bUT I am trying to be a better person. To all those I offended, I AM SO SORRY.

Good on you for the apology. (thumbsu

Hang in there re your struggles. Hope you will reach out for some professional help if you have not already.

If ECs are your thing, as per your screenname, consider bumping the EC thread in the Gold forum and posting up some of your books. You might find that talking shop (rather than talking pricing) gets you more positive feedback and is more enjoyable overall. There's a great community here.

Best of luck.

15 hours ago, EC Phanatic said:

All good :foryou: Thanks and be well sir.

17 hours ago, EC Phanatic said:

Take care of yourself. People recover from bruised egos, bruised sales threads etc. What you're dealing with can take a lifetime and sometimes two. I wish you good health. I think these boards can be sarcastic, cruel, punishing and also uplifting and very caring. Be well sir. 

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Your "transgressions" are mediocre... so no worries. 

Seriously... stick around for Fridays... that's when the traditional fun starts. 

Speaking of Friday ..... It's here .... What topic shall start the flame war this evening.....