• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,015 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, bshowell said:

I know I showed a few of these recently but my wife got a new job so we have to move which means my newsstand wall display has to come down. I thought I'd take a pic and share it before it gets boxed up and put into storage until we find a new place to live😉. Sorry the glare makes it a little hard to see.

20210403_132922.jpg

20210403_133131.jpg

Pretty! Neat! Are you going to make it a condition for the new place to have a similar wall? That'd be nifty too, and congratulations on the employment, that had been scarce.

Many threads on "storage units" and that they're not to be trusted, but not saying it'll be where you choose to store but be aware we had several threads of units not being safe

Just a heads up :tink:

55 minutes ago, bshowell said:

I know I showed a few of these recently but my wife got a new job so we have to move which means my newsstand wall display has to come down. I thought I'd take a pic and share it before it gets boxed up and put into storage until we find a new place to live😉. Sorry the glare makes it a little hard to see.

20210403_132922.jpg

20210403_133131.jpg

OMG  This must be what heaven looks like....:cloud9:

BTW could PLEASE tell me how you got these to stay on your wall...and don't tell me it's an ancient "Chinese Secret".

Edited by Twinvirgos

5 hours ago, bshowell said:

20210403_132922.jpg

20210403_133131.jpg

340045070026201.gif

7 hours ago, Twinvirgos said:

BTW could PLEASE tell me how you got these to stay on your wall...and don't tell me it's an ancient "Chinese Secret".

I use those Command velcro strips. Two strips per comic seems to do the trick and since it's velcro it's super easy to switch them around when I get new comics.

7 hours ago, Twinvirgos said:

c94a49c8caa7650a30fa918fb21f93ed.jpg.d3fd624299e932fd8b6c3666ac4a570a.jpg

On 4/3/2021 at 11:48 PM, bshowell said:

I use those Command velcro strips. Two strips per comic seems to do the trick and since it's velcro it's super easy to switch them around when I get new comics.

Wow! That's incredible and so simple!:applause: Thanks so much for sharing this tip!:smile:

Didn't realize this was moving quite a bit until I saw it in another thread. Overall, this is easy a 9.6+ so I'm going to get it pressed as it really only needs it for an almost imperceptible bend near the spine in the middle of the FC. The white spots in the black areas in the photo is bag reflection. :wishluck: for a 9.8.

I have a few more but it will require some extra digging...

20210406_135914.jpg

Cutting it close on the time frame, but I got these in a free box of comics from a manager of a local auto shop. Said he was cleaning out his garage and remembered I collect comics. A couple of the few cool books in the pile...

20210407_223955.jpg

20210407_224035.jpg