• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a Feedback Snob? Meaning you won’t leave Feedback.
4 4

47 posts in this topic

I leave it if asked and a link provided. I don't ask for it, and my feedback thread is well buried, so it's kind of a hassle to dig up the link. 

Given the more tight knit community on the boards, and that I mostly deal with the same few dozen people as a buyer and a seller, it's never felt as important here as it does on ebay

23 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Odd that Stephen Lang, a badazz in so many movies, Avatar, Public Enemies, etc., that in Tombstone, he's a bumbling sniveler. 

never saw those movies so he's a sniveler in my book.  he's no daisy.

I like to post and receive Kudos because I'm not a well established seller on these boards.  I sell every now and then but I hope to sell more soon.  I'm just so busy with work and life it's hard to post a selling thread frequently.
I want to provide the best buyer experience I can give..i.e purchase price, grading, fast shipping, books well packaged, communication...etc..  
So I think for me right now Kudos helps some.  I don't know how much but I think it does help for lesser known folks who don't sell that much. 
I always try to post Kudos if someone wants it and I usually request Kudos especially If I sell something.  
It's not that much effort to post Kudos if someone provides you a link.  

Edited by musicmeta

4 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

@musicmeta and I exchanged Kudos today after a very pleasant transaction and it got me to look at my Kudos thread.

I have 177 feedback comments but should be over double that.

So many boardies ignore my requests to exchange feedback after a positive transaction and it really irks me.

I know it’s not the end of the world but the Kudos section is very important to me, as it does play a small, yet valuable role in who I deal with on the boards. 
Is it really so hard to leave Kudos? I always include the link to my Kudos so people don’t have to waste time looking for it.

Maybe I’m :preach:for nothing.

Anyone else feel the same way or should I grow a bigger pair?? :insane:

I just never remember unless someone asks...:tonofbricks:

I do leave feedback if someone asks, I used to even offer to start threads for people, but I just stopped leaving it. 

I see links in posts, but they don't automatically show up in pms.

On eBay I leave feedback immediately, but that's because they plant a link right in front of you.

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Does anyone remember the Kudos candy bars from the 90s?  I wonder if they still make them.

we used to get those at work if we did something great.  

If you dont live in the US and want to buy here, it can be tough, some sellers wont sell elsewhere as its too expensive, too risky etc

Reputation is everything here and the Kudos thread can make a tiny bit of difference, not much but it has made the difference in some deals.

Thanks to all the boardies who have sold me great books over the years :foryou:

9 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Does anyone remember the Kudos candy bars from the 90s?  I wonder if they still make them.

No. They died sometime between 2010-2015.

Lost popularity when they switched from 'covered' in chocolate to 'drizzled'. I understand why.

When I was relatively new I was very conscientious about trying to obtain kudos to build up my rep...until I had a veteran member give me the “an all-positive feedback thread is useless” reason for why he wouldn’t leave kudos. Since then, getting and giving kudos has really dropped off my radar. 

When I do a sales thread, I just post a link to my eBay feedback as it seems most members see that as a more useful indicator of my track record as a seller. 

When messaging buyers that their packages have shipped, I make it clear that if they have any questions or concerns they shouldn’t hesitate to message me, but I don’t solicit kudos. Some take the time to message me that they were happy with what they received, and I’m always glad to hear that, but that’s good enough for me, I don’t feel the need to have it posted in a public thread. 

As a buyer, I typically don’t leave kudos since the prevailing opinion seems to be that all-positive feedback is pointless.  But if a seller messages me and requests kudos and I had a positive experience, I’m more than happy to do so. 

If, however, I wasn’t happy with the transaction but for whatever reason didn’t feel compelled to contact the seller about, I’ll usually just ignore any request for kudos. 

For me, it’s not about “snobbery”, it’s just that I personally have found that life is a lot easier not making mountains out of molehills.  

I have 2 pages of kudos but at least double that for actual transactions. I eventually gave up on it because I was purchasing smaller books and they aren't that big of a deal. I recently sold my biggest book to date - Hulk #181 - and asked to update my kudos (to which the buyer agreed). I felt it's good for others to know that I've made big dollar transactions on here and wanted that one to be seen since I plan on selling / purchasing bigger priced items in the future. So, for me, if I sell anything in the 4 figure category I'll be asking for kudos but anything smaller than that I pass on. Just my 2 cents!

Like a lot of folks, when I first started selling on the boards, I was always sure to leave Kudos and ask for the same. Over the years that kind of fell by the wayside, as I seem to have built a reputation (I usually end up selling to the same little group of people who must like the same stuff I do) and I'm here often enough. I'm not hard to find. If someone asks for it I will happily do so, and if someone leaves it for me, unasked, it's a nice surprise! I have two threads, and I can't find one of them, it's buried so deep. I found another one and it is linked in my profile just so I won't forget where it is again. 

I feel like a dork asking for feedback here, but when a buyer doesn’t leave any....it makes me think their purchase was unsatisfactory.

I’m kinda irked that my last 3 buyers on EBay didn’t leave me feedback.  I’ve only got 207, so it would be nice to build that up.

Not to beat a dead horse, but as soon as I found out only positives can be left I kind of wrote off feedback here. If a seller specifically asks for it I'm more than happy to leave one. That doesn't happen very often. 

As far as ebay goes I usually forget about it and then do a ton of them at one time. I don't put a lot of thought into. All positive. Unless of course I had an issue that I would have already addressed. 

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I've been that guy. 

What if you’re genuinely stoked on the books?  I haven’t had that experience here in a while(:frown:), but strict grading and secure packaging is worthy of mention IMO.

Agreed, but overall a positive only feedback thread is of limited utility, as others have said. Not to mention the fact that there are some prolific sellers that are crappy people and I wouldn't buy from them at all. Others do because you know, Cool Books.

Edited by Grandmaster B

19 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I stopped looking at the Kudos thread years ago. A feedback thread that only allows for positive feedback serves a limited utility. If someone asks me to leave Kudos I comply but it's not something I spend time reviewing. In a community this small, one's reputation supercedes their Kudos. 

Agree. I find the kudos threads completely useless. Not the probation list though. I do check that from time to time. 

18 minutes ago, Grandmaster B said:

Agreed, but overall a positive only feedback thread is of limited utility, as others have said. Not to mention the fact that there are some prolific sellers that are crappy people and I wouldn't buy from them at all. Others do because you know, Cool Books.

I can’t keep track of all these name changes....

Who are you?:baiting: