“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
13 13

1,073 posts in this topic

I typically side with CGC and I'm sure there are better ways for Dylan's Comics to approach restitution but this looks bad for CGC.  The staples are clearly intact in the before pictures.  Not only do they seem firmly attached but the after pics look like a lot of damage had been done to the book at some point.  I realize there are lots of ways someone could make this seem like something its not but if everything he's provided is legit then I hope CGC does the right thing and compensates him accordingly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I typically side with CGC and I'm sure there are better ways for Dylan's Comics to approach restitution but this looks bad for CGC.  The staples are clearly intact in the before pictures.  Not only do they seem firmly attached but the after pics look like a lot of damage had been done to the book at some point.  I realize there are lots of ways someone could make this seem like something its not but if everything he's provided is legit then I hope CGC does the right thing and compensates him accordingly.  

How do we know those are the books he sent in? One is in a CGC case, it could help if he showed the entire slab, along with the serial number. That could help identify that it was the same book sent in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, William-James88 said:

How do we know those are the books he sent in? One is in a CGC case, it could help if he showed the entire slab, along with the serial number. That could help identify that it was the same book sent in.

There are some identifying marks near the guys chin that show its the same book.  Those could obviously be photoshopped but like I said, if those are legit pics then it seems like some damage had been done between the two photos.  You never know though.  SCS may have caused the cover to detach during shipping.  There are too many variables.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, comicquant said:

There are some identifying marks near the guys chin that show its the same book.  Those could obviously be photoshopped but like I said, if those are legit pics then it seems like some damage had been done between the two photos.  You never know though.  SCS may have caused the cover to detach during shipping.  There are too many variables.

Oh my bad, I had not noticed that they were before and after pics of the same book. I thought they were pic of his two different books. 

As I stated above, a full before and after pic of each book along with a detailed look at the damage for each one would help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monstro said:

93069449-0495-457E-B953-873C8B074574.jpeg

AE98E8F8-E048-440B-880B-F2662265BBA9.jpeg

Is it just me or is there considerably more building shown by the windows on the slabbed copy

Unless it was pressed but the raw looks pretty straight and flat for that to have adjusted to more of the building showing with the horizontal lines by the windows

Especiallythat top horizontal slightly up and to the right slant kind of horizontal lol

 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Added spine creases plus the popped staples, plus it looks like the cover-wrap was "shifted" as Adamantium noted.

Hard to say this was simply SCS, those creases look like handling damage.

He said it was a walk-through grading? Is that like on-site where they grade/slab on site? Or did he drop them off to be later taken/shipped off for grading?

In any case, looks like handling damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Added spine creases plus the popped staples, plus it looks like the cover-wrap was "shifted" as Adamantium noted.

Hard to say this was simply SCS, those creases look like handling damage.

He said it was a walk-through grading? Is that like on-site where they grade/slab on site? Or did he drop them off to be later taken/shipped off for grading?

In any case, looks like handling damage.

I could be wrong but I think walk-through is just same day grading and can be mailed in, dropped off, or con graded.  If you drop off, I assume you could just wait on it or con graded, you could get it back the same day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that same type of staple damage on a golden age book. I believe, in that instance, it was due to some combination of slab + handling (once in the slab).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
13 13