• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,913 posts in this topic

will be posting these for sale this week probably....

Title issue CGC grade 
Batman DK Returns 1 9.6
Batman DK Returns (3rd P) 2 9.8
Batman DK Returns 3 9.6
Batman DK Returns 4 9.8
Batman HQ NN 9.8
Batman HQ NN 9.8
Batman Advs variant 12 9.8
Gotham City Sirens 1 9.2
Batman 357 9.4
Batman 386 9.0
Harley Quinn 1 9.8
Killing Joke NN 9.4
Batman  608 9.8
Batman 635 9.6
Venom reg 4 9.2
Venom B&W 4 9.8
Venom virgin 4 9.0

I'm having a sale in copper/modern at 2pm Eastern (+/- one hour) on Saturday May 6th.  It will be WOMEN focused in terms of theme.  Pretty lady covers, 1st apps, rare variants, ladies titles, etc.  If you looooovvvee the ladies, or your customers do, you won't want to miss this.  Lots of great eye candy for your convention wall/table this summer.  It will be mostly Marvel/DC, and all SFW except 1 comic, so don't be scared.  Stop by, thanks.

PS.  A LOT of Hughes covers, if that's your thing.

Also, as it is free comic book day, there will be bonus freebies available AND to the extent where it doesn't raise your shipping costs, I will add FREE COMICS TO EACH ORDER

about a shortbox full???  Here's a sampling,  All raw I think.

IMG_7871_zpsw9zws9kk.jpg

IMG_7837_zpsnxih6pma.jpg

IMG_7803_zpsr1tcyuvg.jpg

Coming up a little later tonight -- a sale of previously unsold books and some nice new offerings, including ASM #20 (1st Scorpion), a high grade Batman #200, a high grade Iron Man #66 (classic cover vs. Thor), and a host of Adventures with Supergirl!  Hope to be starting in about an hour or so. 

As anticipated, starting at 7.30 AM (board time, 2.30 PM here) I will ran a special Smurf-themed auction including the following items:

– First and second apperance of the Smurfs (Spirou magazine #1071 and #1072);
– a few other Spirou magazine issues from the story where the Smurfs appear hidden or disguised before making their full apperance in #1071;
– two copies of a mini-poster for the 1976 film "La Flûte à six Schtroumpfs" (adapting the first story for the screen) originally issued with Spirou #1976;
– a limited edition print (93 of 150 copies) of the Smurfs reinterpreted by Gabriele Dell’Otto, signed by the artist.

vxJo9o5h.jpg

Putting up a few books for sale later tonight. This is the list.

------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Spider-man #238 CGC 9.8

Daredevil #168 CGC 9.8

Defenders #10 CGC 9.8

Fantastic Four #67 CGC 9.4

G. I. Joe #21 CGC 9.8

Rulah #25 (Ohio Pedigree) CGC 8.5

Shocking Mystery Cases #53 CGC 8.5

Tales To Astonish
#64 CGC 9.4
#65 CGC 9.4
#90 CGC 9.4

X-men
#96 CGC 9.8
#120 CGC 9.8

Tomorrow - Wed 5/24 evening

I will be having a sale in copper/modern, about a short-box full includes ONLY

Variants - Mostly Marvel/DC, some indy (includes lots of 2nd prints)

and high grade ADAM HUGHES Wonder Woman

it'll be mostly raw, a few slabs

Here's some samples:

IMG_8058_zpsmjnwgplo.jpg

IMG_8022_zpszmmfme87.jpg

IMG_7972_zpsuqfdylog.jpg

Edited by revat

wow, it's hard to even find this thread. does anyone read it? anyway, will be having a 300 book, $5-$45 thread in mixed (including a WW #1 to celebrate the upcoming critical/box office smash) on Tues 5/30 starting at roughly 10:00 am EST

Edited by paperheart

Going to be listing a near complete set of the 2nd full series of Deadpool (2008 series) later today or tomorrow at the latest.  All books were bought by me as a folder customer, and many were never read.  Going to be sold as a set only.  Hope everyone checks it out! :foryou:

I plan to offer my first sales thread later tonight, hopefully within an hour or so (shooting pix next, operating on EST). It will be in Gold/Silver/Bronze with a variety of affordable offerings, so one can test-drive this long-time collector, noob seller.

Background on me: I'm a long-time collector, starting at age 5 off the newsstands with a 20 cents-a-day habit. I've never sold on eBay but have bought; same name there to see my feedback. I also have a Kudos Thread on the boards from a handful of purchases from and sales to boardies. This will be my first sales thread; I will attempt to ape best practices as I have observed them; polite, helpful nudges are of course welcome. 

I'd better go shoot pix or this isn't happening!

ALL Deadpool and Spiderman sale Wednesday night in copper/modern.  9pm eastern, give or take an hour.

Lots of early deadpool, and on the ASM side, quite a few newsstands in the 500's and 600's.  Don't miss out!

I am running once again the Smurfs auction, splitting it in two separate lots.
The first lot includes the magazines, with a new #1071 (which has an internal defect).
The second lot includes the Smurfs limited edition signed and numbered print by Gabriele Dell’Otto alone.

tvMzpDcl.jpg AzcTXLFl.jpg

3TMkbbVh.jpg

As some of you may have read, I bought a few comics this weekend. I will be listing a 1968 Submariner run today at some time. I have 27 books ready and now that I am switching from scans to the phone digital pictures I expect to be ready today. I think most of the run will be there, with the definite exception of issue #1, 8, 11 & 12 which were not included! That is a rare oversight for this collection as the runs are generally complete. But in any event, assuming I can work out prices (condition/grading is very tough for me coming from comic art and not collecting my whole life!) you should see those today. Maybe some early Silver Surfer as well (keeping #4 though, my favorite and #3 has heavy tape on the spine which is, again, rare in this collection.) So if interested be on the lookout in the sales forum.

Any interest in original 12" GI Joes?

I am the OO of about 40 GI Joes from 1964-74. They are in decent but played-with condition. I have plenty of gear, some vehicles and other accessories, footlockers, even a couple of original boxes. I'd like to trade these for a low-grade Marvel key like FF1 or similar. It'll be a whole weekend's job getting them out of storage, taking pics and other pre-sale prep, so before going down that path, do you guys think there'd be any interest or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks!

FYI - I'm prepping a thread in which I will offer up all of the Amazing Spider-Man issues that remain in my collection. I'll likely tee off early this weekend (either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on what happens with my kids tonight :D )

I have about 50 ASMs, all raw...some high grade, some low grade...some with amateur restoration, most with no restoration. Some I should probably send in to CGC, but I figure I'll see if anyone wants them raw first.

Here's the plan: #18, 30 (two copies), 35, 36, 37 (two copies), 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44 (two copies), 45 (two copies), 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 64, 65, 66 (two copies), 67, 68 (two copies), 69, 71, 74, 80, 81, 85, 87, 88, 89, 91, 95, 190 :D, Annual #1

There will be no previews, pre-information, pre-sales, etc., even if we are best buddies. :foryou: These are hereby committed to the sales thread. If interested, keep an eye on G/S/B!

I will be firing up a sales thread today for Copper/Modern Signature Series from the Collection of seanfingh that will include

McFarlane(ASM & others)
J Scott Campbell
Corben
Eastman & Laird
Adam Hughes
Totleben
a bunch of Sandman books....

and many more!

Greetings, on 6/22 Afternoon/Evening, I'm gonna have a mostly raw (ummm affordable grades) marvel/dc bronze sale, a short box full-

- wrightson CGC SS

- bunch of picture frames

- bunch of those Whitman/direct blank upc box comics

- a few 30 cent variants

- a few minor keys, a few neal adams, and a bunch of other random stuff  that you'll be interested in.

STOP by GSB! thanks!

Edited by revat