• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Hi all

Im Chad, been lurking for a while before I decided to join up and give the chat boards a go,looks like a fun and friendly place, I've been collecting since 1989 and hope to get a few gems down to CGC to get graded.

Thanks

WTTB!!! It's awesome here, and you are very welcome to join :)

Hello all. My name is David and I've been collecting since the early 80s, with a few lengthy breaks in there. This go-around I'm focused almost exclusively on back issues, trying to build toward some full runs. About two-thirds of my collection is Marvel.

9 hours ago, drfeld said:

Hello all. My name is David and I've been collecting since the early 80s, with a few lengthy breaks in there. This go-around I'm focused almost exclusively on back issues, trying to build toward some full runs. About two-thirds of my collection is Marvel.

Welcome to the boards David :)

Hello World,

I'm more of a returning member but its been so long that when I recovered my password, my profile said that joined in August. I placed my my first comic in the CGC Collectors Society Registry around 2008-2009, Wolverine (1988) issue 1.  Back then worldsbest sill didn't have a complete run and my small collection was ranked 7. Since then those guys on the wolverine 1988 set have put in some serious work. I ran off and got married and had 3 kids all the while neglecting my comics... But now I'm back.  I know it will be a very long haul to finish up my set but i'm going to give it the old college try. 

7 hours ago, Snikt! said:

Hello World,

I'm more of a returning member but its been so long that when I recovered my password, my profile said that joined in August. I placed my my first comic in the CGC Collectors Society Registry around 2008-2009, Wolverine (1988) issue 1.  Back then worldsbest sill didn't have a complete run and my small collection was ranked 7. Since then those guys on the wolverine 1988 set have put in some serious work. I ran off and got married and had 3 kids all the while neglecting my comics... But now I'm back.  I know it will be a very long haul to finish up my set but i'm going to give it the old college try. 

Welcome back Snikt, I remember you.:applause:

On 9/5/2017 at 8:42 PM, oakman29 said:

Welcome back Snikt, I remember you.:applause:

All I remember is that Bamf guy.

Hello, my name  is Mario. I'm a big Spawn and Marvel fan. 

Comics I  collect are Spawn and Marvel variant covers. Been out of the hobby for about 8 years and just now getting back into it and thought this would be a great place to catch up on all things comics. So far I'm not dissapointed. 

Best Spawn I own at the moment: Spawn #1 CGC SS 9.6 McFarlane sig. 

Favorite Marvel Variant: Wolverine Orgins #1 9.8 Michael Turner variant 

32 minutes ago, Mario_M said:

Hello, my name  is Mario. I'm a big Spawn and Marvel fan. 

Comics I  collect are Spawn and Marvel variant covers. Been out of the hobby for about 8 years and just now getting back into it and thought this would be a great place to catch up on all things comics. So far I'm not dissapointed. 

Best Spawn I own at the moment: Spawn #1 CGC SS 9.6 McFarlane sig. 

Favorite Marvel Variant: Wolverine Orgins #1 9.8 Michael Turner variant 

Hello Mario :) and Welcome to the Boards 

Awesome! I've always wanted a McFarlane sig, I'll get around to it :) 

On 9/2/2017 at 5:51 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Hi all

Im Chad, been lurking for a while before I decided to join up and give the chat boards a go,looks like a fun and friendly place, I've been collecting since 1989 and hope to get a few gems down to CGC to get graded.

Thanks

Welcome Chad.  Who's your favorite character?

Uh, hello.

I'm new here and I'm here because I love internet forums and I love comics content, so I've found this space and it seems to be nice.

I hope to remember of coming here often!

I like comics, sports (mostly hockey), punk rock and lo-fi, old video games and a lot of other things. I think I've repeated this quote a lot too but I swear to God I have never copied and pasted it.

But, man, this...

4299.thumb.gif.9116a6f43c93192db45f4f140

Dude, your avatar is the best!

12 minutes ago, extra skater said:

Uh, hello.

I'm new here and I'm here because I love internet forums and I love comics content, so I've found this space and it seems to be nice.

I hope to remember of coming here often!

I like comics, sports (mostly hockey), punk rock and lo-fi, old video games and a lot of other things. I think I've repeated this quote a lot too but I swear to God I have never copied and pasted it.

But, man, this...

4299.thumb.gif.9116a6f43c93192db45f4f140

Dude, your avatar is the best!

Wooo hooo, you have great taste.  Go Oilers.  Mcdavid for President or the Dali Lama.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie.  I've been lurking for a while and have really enjoyed reading your posts.  I am a DC / Batman fan (partial to Detective, but have both)....been away for a long long time, but got back into it (many years too late sadly, given some of the prices that are out there!).  My first book was Tec 469 - I was bored as a kid stuck at my sister's horse show all day and had a few bucks to spend on some comics to while away the time.  Still one of my favorite covers of all time with Dr. Phosporous!  And it was a two-parter, which meant I had to buy Tec 470 the next month!  I was hooked.  So I kept getting the new ones (who knew - I COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SUPERMAN MOVIE apparently), and I would go to flea markets and antique markets whenever I could to find some old stuff.  A few years later I prized an absolutely 0.5 awful Tec 109 that I found when I was 12 - half of the cover torn off - but I was the king of the world as it was the oldest issue I had found to that date.

Anyway, I was hooked.  I  put as much $$$ as I could from my high school jobs into getting more books here and there - mostly at the markets, but I also traveled to some new stores on the east coast that were owned by some people that were just starting out and are now famous forces in the hobby (I'd prefer not to name) :)

Then I went to college and had no $$$ to spend for a while.  One of the last things I did buy then off the newsstand was the various iterations of Batman: TDKR - and I still think that is the most amazing story ever.

I did get end up with some nice raw early Bat and Tec books during that run, though.  (Sadly, none of the killer pre-Robin Tec books.  Man those are awesome).  So I've been away for about 30 years.  When I look at my books its like I'm 15 years old again.

Anyway, I love all things Bat and am partial to Golden Age / Early Bronze.  I also think the GA space/sci fi/GGA have some really cool covers and I picked up a Space Detective and some Rangers at my local shop lately.  I also enjoy learning more about the various pedigrees and picked up a post-camp Okajima (non-Bat) book just because I think the story behind them is really interesting.

Nice to be on with you all.

On 9/5/2017 at 9:16 AM, JustJimN said:

So, as I wander around the boards you will most likely see me hanging out on the Golden Age forums more than the others. I do plan to sell a number of what I have left of Silver and Bronze Age comics to help fund the GA and other spooky purchases. Most of these are original owner (me) copies. I started selling comics thru ebay under the same board name in 2014. A number of collectors that I encountered on ebay bought a number of comics directly. I haven’t done much selling this year but have been buying from the boards over the last three months or so. Looking at all those GA beauties that come up for sale has me salivating all over the place.

Well, I can go on and on but I guess that’s enough background info for now. I’ll be seeing you on the boards!

Thanks for listening.

jim

That's a really cool story, thanks for sharing!  I'm a newbie as well and stories like yours inspired me to stop lurking and post myself.

Edited by Bat34