• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have been asking the Mods why it was pulled. This is the 4th thread I have had pulled (shrug) They have not responded yet.

A couple times it was because I had a listing on the bay that I forgot to take down before posting a book. Never anything intentional and honestly, not something anyone would care or notice. Someone would have to be notifying the Mods, which of course reminds me of the 3rd song of side one of Styx' Paradise Theater album :eyeroll:

Anyway, I have no idea why it was pulled. The intro is correct and has been used on many threads. The books are not listed for sale on another site, by me anyway. There are many people that have all their stuff listed on IG or myslabbedcomics or other sites but without prices listed but it is implied someone can contact them and make an offer- I see books like that sold here all the time and if that is a violation somehow- see ya. I sent them my hypothesis on the only thing I can even think of that could have possibly had it pulled (which is I noted a book as TRADED instead of SOLD) because many times we have PM trade deals- everybody does- and I just noted it as Traded. It is the only thing I can even fathom. Anyway, I don't see anything against it in the rules to say that. 

I am gun shy now honestly of posting books here. I guess that must make some lurker here happy I suppose. I know I am nothing special but obviously I do think I play a part in keeping the G/S/B sales forum active. I promote it to people all the time. I hate to see some really nitpicky stuff make people like me (and others) not want to use this. There are lots and lots of places to buy/sell/trade books and some of the other ones are free too and have more eyes watching than here. If there is a small obviously unintentional violation I don't see why there can't just be a DM to the person letting them know they need to change something. Simple, right? 

I have had a couple "points" against me here over these things. It is a little infuriating honestly. I appreciate CGC for having this forum. It is a good thing. It is THE MAIN REASON I give them my grading money (which is more than most people spend a year on new car payments) but if I am not welcomed I would rather move on. Just a strange thing. ???

@jimjum12 @StingerMcK

Rick hang in there!  Your threads are awesome and you're a great seller...always enjoy all of your posts, great knowledge and great books!

16 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

There are many people that have all their stuff listed on IG or myslabbedcomics or other sites but without prices listed but it is implied someone can contact them and make an offer- 

@jimjum12 @StingerMcK

I'm sorry that you are upset, but when I read this part, I was a little surprised. I've had books on myslabbedcomics for years and never had as much as an inquiry, they are listed as not for sale. I thought it was kind of like having things on the registry.

28 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm sorry that you are upset, but when I read this part, I was a little surprised. I've had books on myslabbedcomics for years and never had as much as an inquiry, they are listed as not for sale. I thought it was kind of like having things on the registry.

Having books shown somewhere publicly with no listed price are not listed for sale, but I am open to discuss sales or trades with anyone. It is always possible to reach out to those parties though.  

Lots of people have art on comic art fans.  People are free to make offers to people. People sometimes List art for sale here.  

I have posted pictures on Instagram of books but none are posted as for sale with prices and then listed here.  

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
24 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Having books shown somewhere publicly with no listed price are not listed for sale. It is always possible to reach out to those parties though.  

Lots of people have art on comic art fans.  People are free to make offers to people. People sometimes List art for sale here.  

I have posted pictures on Instagram of books but none are posted as for sale with prices and then listed here.  

Absolutely.  I've had the same as well as folks making offers on books I have entered in MSC and here on my CGC registry set books.  None listed as being for sale.  

I posted when this happened last time to Rick, is it too hard to just kindly let the seller know they need to drop the offering(s) offsite either in the thread or with a PM.  I've done it without any issue or rebuff.  I point out that the thread may/will be pulled and what they should correct whether it is an offsite listing, missing payment information, return policy, etc. 

We see it all the time from other members too. Just a shame that someone here feels the need to notify the mods for something as quickly and especially as consistently on Rick's threads.  I can understand if a seller doesn't comply fairly quickly but to hit the notify without a chance to correct is beyond unfortunate.

Keep selling here Rick and don't get discouraged.

6 hours ago, telerites said:

Absolutely.  I've had the same as well as folks making offers on books I have entered in MSC and here on my CGC registry set books.  None listed as being for sale.  

I posted when this happened last time to Rick, is it too hard to just kindly let the seller know they need to drop the offering(s) offsite either in the thread or with a PM.  I've done it without any issue or rebuff.  I point out that the thread may/will be pulled and what they should correct whether it is an offsite listing, missing payment information, return policy, etc. 

We see it all the time from other members too. Just a shame that someone here feels the need to notify the mods for something as quickly and especially as consistently on Rick's threads.  I can understand if a seller doesn't comply fairly quickly but to hit the notify without a chance to correct is beyond unfortunate.

Keep selling here Rick and don't get discouraged.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same person..... with some sort of agenda. It's not Mod related other than their responding to a complaint. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

It’s a real shame they seemingly can’t respond to you as to why the thread was closed.

While CGC doesn’t take a direct cut from sales in the marketplace, you have to think they’d realize a thriving marketplace positively impacts their bottom line in terms of generating interest and money from submissions.

Its pretty disheartening to see one of the boards most popular merchants treated in such a heavy handed discourteous manner, especially while the marketplace and boards in general seem to suffering a big downturn in activity lately.

Someone mentioned to me it could have been from this listing, where I mentioned a book was previously graded by another company as a 3.0. When I said it was "the somewhat more reputable CGC competitor" it could have been taken wrong as a slam against CGC instead of P*X. I did not mention including a label or anything like that. I see people all the time mention something was graded before by "Voldy" so maybe that is the better way to go, or just not mention it at all. Anyway, I have asked the Mods if this was the issue. If so, then I guess I see my fault in it to some degree. 

Also, based on the ComicLink Captain Flight 5 auction the other night @n2wdw did real good here with his PM buy. (thumbsu

cap flight screen grab.PNG

Pretty ticked off that the mods pulled Rick's thread. 

I'm about ready to hit the eject button on this place. The modern forum is already dead as nails. Rick's threads are some of the most consistently exciting on the boards and their absence will not do anyone any favors. 

1 hour ago, newshane said:

Pretty ticked off that the mods pulled Rick's thread. 

I'm about ready to hit the eject button on this place. The modern forum is already dead as nails. Rick's threads are some of the most consistently exciting on the boards and their absence will not do anyone any favors. 

The over-moderation is a little goofy.

@Ricksneatstuff certainly puts out some of the most consistent sales threads here, maybe the most consistent.  I'd be lying if the rapid cycle of buy/sell didn't frustrate me sometimes, especially if you snag something I want before I manage to pull the trigger, then see it for sale again in a week.  That being said, that's just life (and me being a sore loser.)  You win some, you lose some.  Your threads being yanked is absurd.  Especially without notification as to why they were pulled.  

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

The over-moderation is a little goofy.

@Ricksneatstuff certainly puts out some of the most consistent sales threads here, maybe the most consistent.  I'd be lying if the rapid cycle of buy/sell didn't frustrate me sometimes, especially if you snag something I want before I manage to pull the trigger, then see it for sale again in a week.  That being said, that's just life (and me being a sore loser.)  You win some, you lose some.  Your threads being yanked is absurd.  Especially without notification as to why they were pulled.  

Thanks.

I get that. I definitely do win some and lose some. Plenty of things I buy end up going for the same or less than I paid. Just the other day I sold a book here for $500 that I paid $900 on. It happens. 

17 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Thanks.

I get that. I definitely do win some and lose some. Plenty of things I buy end up going for the same or less than I paid. Just the other day I sold a book here for $500 that I paid $900 on. It happens. 

And if that's how you enjoy collecting there's nothing wrong with it. I've noticed the pulls and never once understood why. You and your threads are an asset to this community. 

They say of websites that if you aren't paying to use it, you are the product. Which we therefore all are. Why anyone would want to discourage you from participating is beyond me.

I keep going back to non-traditional collecting styles. There's do much more to do in this hobby besides be a completist. Buy/enjoy/churn is a great experience too, and i think keeps the hobby healthy and fun. 

Hope you're staying, @Ricksneatstuff

Well, I have an answer from the moderator now.   I am being told that I bumped the thread excessively. I disagree with that assessment because I was not bumping the thread for any reason except for just to have a fun banter with other people who were looking at my thread. This is something that I have seen on many threads here on the boards and quite frankly it is the thing that I think makes the boards more fun and community oriented than other venues.   

I have posted screenshots of what I am talking about and what I assume must be the bumping in question because it was pulled after this. This all happened over a very short period of time and there was absolutely no intention of any of this being something to keep my thread near the top of the board.  

Is penalizing this kind of thing what we this is coming to? That is very disappointing. In the words of Robert Plant “Lighten up baby, I’m in love with you.”

@Point Five @StingerMcK @jimjum12 @Mystafo @Markentoth @Bird @Spyder! @BuscemasAvengers @Bat34 @DeadOne @CatskillMike @skypinkblu @telerites @ChiSoxFan @1950's war comics @szavisca @adampasz @entalmighty1 @Readcomix @newshane

265EB426-416D-47A9-A942-00C4EDE70A3E.png

833947AB-9B8C-4695-8BC6-DEA91260C090.png

AA5199ED-08D5-4F3B-A9FF-AB7BDEBBBA3B.png

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

@Ricksneatstuff

This is good that you received clarification. Personally I've never seen what the big deal is about being at the top of the page. If people are buying the books, the thread bumps itself.... if not, then the selection just isn't working at that time. Try it again in a few weeks.  I know if I'm away from the bpards for a while, I go back through everything I haven't seen, no matter what page it's on. The only problem I have is that I feel that there should be a rule that NO books can be posted For Sale while I'm sleeping. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12