CGC Grader Notes
What are CGC Grader Notes?
When CGC graders examine a collectible, they may enter comments about its condition. These “Grader Notes” describe problems, indicate the condition of the interior pages, and help explain why a collectible received the grade it did. After the first grader enters notes and their grade, the next grader can review those notes and can make any additional notes. For collectibles with the purple CGC Restored Grade label, Restoration Notes are given that describe the location and type of restoration. These notes are a valuable part of the grading process, and CGC makes Grader Notes available online for free.
Sample Grader Notes
Some commonly used CGC Grader Notes include:
- Right Center Front Cover Lite Fingerprints
- Top Spine Water Damage
- Left Center Back Cover Moderate Erasure Mark
- Spine Small Stress Lines
- Staple Rusted w/Rust Stained Interior
- Interior Heavy Tanning
- Bottom Right Front Cover Large Crease
- Top Right Front Cover Restoration Color Touch
- Left Center Back Cover Restoration Tear Seal
Grader Notes Fee
Grader Notes are free (if available)!
Grader Notes are available in the Verify CGC Certification tool at CGCcomics.com/verify.
To see if any collectibles in your submissions have Grader Notes, log in and click “My Submissions.” Then click “View Status.”
- CGC Grader Notes are not entered for every CGC-certified collectible. They are entered at the discretion of CGC’s graders.
- CGC Grader Notes do not necessarily describe every defect on a CGC-certified collectible.
- Pre-screen submissions that do not meet the submitter’s minimum grade (i.e., “Pre-Screen rejects”) do not get CGC Grader Notes.