Submit comics to CGC for grading
There are four ways for collectors to submit their comics for grading:
MAIL submissions to CGC headquarters
Paid Collector’s Society Members and Authorized Dealers can complete submission forms online and send collectibles directly to the CGC headquarters.
- Step 1: Sign up to become a paid member. Already a paid member? Then simply sign in to CGCcomics.com
- Step 2: Complete the online form at CGCcomics.com/orderform
- Step 3: IMPORTANT - To ensure that your submission process stays on schedule, please package books in the same order that they are listed on the packing slip. Failure to do so will results in delays.
- Step 4: Send the completed packing slip and collectibles to CGC headquarters via one of the following:
PO Box 4738
Sarasota, FL 34230
FedEx or UPS:
5501 Communications Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34240
ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT US AT
Note: With your paid membership, benefits will include:
- Submit directly to CGC via mail or at shows
- Track your order online 24/7
- View free grader notes on direct submissions
- Access educational resources
- Receive submission privileges to CGC’s affiliates: CCS, NGC, NCS and PMG
- Choose to become part of CGC’s vibrant online community
- Get discounts and/or grading credits
DROP-OFF submissions at a show
Submit directly to CGC at one of the shows we are attending. You do not have to be a paid member; however, you will need to sign up for a FREE membership in order to complete the show submission process.
- Step 1: Sign up for a FREE account at CGCcomics.com/showjoin
- Step 2: Select the show you are submitting at from the drop-down menu
- Step 3: Complete the submission form
- Step 4: IMPORTANT - To ensure that your submission process stays on schedule, please package books in the same order that they are listed on the packing slip. Failure to do so will results in delays.
- Step 5: Bring both packing slips and your collectibles to CGC’s booth at show. At the show, go to the Express Drop-Off sign to finalize your submission
Note: This does not apply to Signature Series submissions. For Signature Series Submissions, your first step will be to come by the CGC booth for a Witness to take you to the artist for signing. The paperwork will then be completed at the booth after the witnessed signature is obtained.
If CGC is not attending a show, you can submit though any CGC Dealer or Facilitator that is accepting submissions to CGC.
For a complete listing of the shows that CGC will be attending, visit CGCcomics.com/events
DROP-OFF at CGC’s Headquarters in Sarasota, FL
COLLECTOR-SOCIETY MEMBERS DROP-OFFS AT CGC HEADQUARTERS ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
The option to drop-off submissions at CGC’s headquarters offers Authorized Dealers and Collector Society Members a convenient way to save on shipping costs. To take advantage of this opportunity, all submitters must follow the steps outlined below.
Before scheduling your drop-off appointment:
- Submit your collectibles through CGC’s online submission form.
- Print out the PACKING SLIP provided upon completion of your submission.
To schedule your appointment:
- Contact CGC Customer Service at 1-877-NM-COMIC
- Provide CGC Customer Service with the SUBMISSION NUMBER displayed on your PACKING SLIP. Appointments will not be scheduled without a valid SUBMISSION NUMBER.
- NOTE: Please inform CGC Customer Service in advance if you are submitting a WalkThru or Express.
- Sign a Pre-Verification Release Form.
Before attending your appointment:
- Package your submission securely in a CARDBOARD BOX. Be sure to use backing boards, Mylar sleeves and any necessary cushioning or void-fill materials to protect your collectibles.
- To avoid processing delays, all collectibles must be packed in the order in which they appear on your PACKING SLIP.
- Place your PACKING SLIP inside your CARDBOARD BOX.
When you arrive at CGC headquarters:
- Drive to the second security gate, which is to the right of the building when facing it from the street. Please have your photo ID ready. Enter CGC’s lobby and check-in at the security desk.
During your appointment:
- All drop-off submitters must turn in their signed Pre-Verification Release Form.
- A CGC Customer Service Representative will seal your CARDBOARD BOX with official CGC packaging tape.
- Your submission will be sealed, transported, stored and opened later, under the protection of CGC’s advanced security camera system. Please note that the contents of your submission will not be counted or processed during your drop-off appointment.
After your appointment:
- Log-in at CGCcomics.com and select “My Submissions” under your profile to check the status of your submission.
- Collectors Society Member submissions will be returned via the shipping method selected during the online submission process.
- Authorized Dealers who elect to pick up their completed submissions at CGC’s headquarters will be contacted by CGC Customer Service to schedule a pick-up appointment within the required time period.
SUBMIT THROUGH a CGC Authorized Dealer
To submit through a Dealer:
- Step 1: Locate a dealer in your area here
- Step 2: Contact the dealer
- Step 3: Send your submission to them or drop off
Authorized Dealers and Official Submission Centers are independent from, and unaffiliated with, CGC. CGC and its affiliates are not responsible for the services provided by these companies and have no liability in connection with their services. CGC recommends that you carefully evaluate Authorized Dealers and Official Submission Centers prior to using their services. If you have any questions regarding their services, please reach out to the Authorized Dealer or Official Submission Center directly.