CGC Announces In-House Private Signing with Former DC Writer, Editor and Publisher Dan DiDio
Posted on 6/2/2023
CGC Signature Series is excited to announce an exclusive In-House Private Signing with former writer, editor and publisher at DC Comics, Dan DiDio. DiDio joined DC in January 2002 as Vice President of Editorial and quickly ascended into the role of Senior Vice President/Executive Editor a year later. In this position, he directed the creative development and helped contemporize the superhero line of titles, to bring increased relevancy and diversity to the line. He was also responsible for attracting some of comics’ top talent to DC and locking them into exclusive contracts to ensure quality books for the years to come.
His efforts lead to a multi-year resurgence in sales with a string of best-selling, critically acclaimed titles including Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, The New 52 and All-Star Superman. He also played a key role in the revitalization of key franchises like Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. In 2010 Dan DiDio was named Publisher of DC Entertainment, alongside Jim Lee. As Publisher, he directed and oversaw DC Entertainment’s entire publishing business under its key three imprints – DC, Vertigo and MAD.
During his time at DC Comics, DiDio was also an accomplished writer, having created and re-developed several comic series including Sideways, OMAC, Phantom Stranger and Metal Men. Throughout his tenure, DiDio continued to work closely with DCE editorial and creative teams to develop compelling storylines and characters and spearheaded many of the comic industry’s most successful publishing events, including the widely acclaimed relaunch of DC Comics with The New 52. He was instrumental in the creation of new imprints, like Gerard Way's Young Animal and Joe Hill's Hill House Comics and also worked with DCE’s Creative Affairs and Warner Bros Film, Television and Animation teams to help coordinate the creative content of the comics with the media business.
Since leaving DC Entertainment, DiDio has taught a story development class at The Kubert School and was named Special Ambassador for the Inkwell Society. Currently, he is partnered with Frank Miller and Silenn Thomas, as publisher of their new comic book imprint Frank Miller Presents. Where is also the creator and writer of the new SuperHero/Science Fiction series, Ancient Enemies.
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 23, 2023.
If the In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After DiDio signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Dan DiDio is $70 per item and includes:
- Dan DiDio’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC In-House Private Signing, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
DAN DIDIO, SIGNATURE.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DAN DIDIO under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write DD on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 23, 2023, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 23, 2023.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!