CGC Announces Collaboration with Todd McFarlane for Private Signing
Posted on 11/8/2019
Todd McFarlane has announced a collaboration with Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) for an in-house private signing. For the first time in nearly two years, Todd McFarlane will be signing comics from his career to be graded by CGC, including the Spawn 300 anniversary issue and the Guinness World Record breaking Spawn 301.
“I’m looking forward to signing comic books for you fans out there after a nearly two-year hiatus! The fun part is, you’ll be able to get anything from my early career and everything up to the current issue of Spawn, including the Spawn 300 anniversary issue and the Guinness World Record breaking Spawn 301 signed!” says McFarlane.
Customers will submit their books directly to CGC, creating the most efficient way of getting comics signed. Todd will sign all books at the CGC facility. The signing fee of $89 per item will include an expedited turnaround time on the grading process.
Books need to be at CGC no later than December 9th, 2019.
More information and submission instructions are below.
The signing fee will be $89 per item with an additional $20 fee for CCS pressing. Submissions for grading will have a 3 week turnaround time. Submissions that include CCS pressing will have a 6 week turnaround time.
For this exclusive signing event, you can mail submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account here.
- Download the Private Signing submission form (specific to the Todd McFarlane Private Signing only).
- COMPLETELY fill out the entire form.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click here.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. Books sent to CGC that are encapsulated, including Signature Series books, will be removed from the case for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment.
- Please write TM on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into the system when they arrive. They will be safely stored until signed.
- Once books are signed they will start the CGC grading process.
Todd will sign any comics or magazines he penciled, inked, wrote or contributed to (i.e. Wizard #1). He will also sign any books with characters he created (i.e. Spawn and Venom) regardless of whether he received any creative credit in the book. Todd will not sign any parody or homage covers that include artwork or characters he did not help create.
Some examples are displayed below for clarity:
Will not sign:
There is also an additional short list of books that Todd will not sign. These are listed below:
- Venom #1 Color Variant Cover
- Venomverse #1 B&W Variant
- Venomverse #1 Color
- Venom #6 Color Variant Edition
- Spawn Retailer Thank You
CGC will start taking submissions on November 8, 2019. All submissions must be received in house no later than December 9, 2019 to qualify for the signing. No change requests will be accepted after December 9.
About Todd McFarlane: Legendary Artist, Spawn Creator and Venom Co-Creator; CEO McFarlane Toys and President Image Comics.
In 2019, McFarlane’s Spawn made history with the release of the historic Spawn #300, and Spawn #301 has earned the Guinness World Records title for longest-running creator-owned superhero comic book series in the world! The road to McFarlane’s history-making comic run began in 1992 when he co-founded Image Comics and the release of Spawn #1, the top-selling creator-owned comic of all-time with more than 1.7 million issues sold. The comic became an Emmy Award-winning animated series on HBO and a live-action feature film that grossed $100 million. McFarlane became a true comic book superstar for his record-setting work on Marvel Comics’ Spider-Man franchise, where he co-created Marvel’s top villain Venom. After garnishing prominent success in the comic industry, McFarlane founded the international award-winning McFarlane Toys – now one of America’s top action figure manufacturers.
Follow Instagram: @ToddMcFarlane, Twitter @Todd_McFarlane FB @LikeToddMcFarlane and McFarlane.com