CGC In-House Private Signing with Comic Industry Super-duo Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner
Posted on 5/18/2020
CGC is excited to host comic industry super-duo Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner for an In-House Private Signing! Co-founders of PAPERFILMS, Palmiotti and Conner are currently working on the extremely well-received Harley Quinn relaunch and other Harley Quinn-related titles for DC Comics. Some of Palmiotti and Conner’s other popular titles include Daredevil and Punisher from Marvel Knights, X-O Zero, Johah Hex, Ninjak, Powergirl, Silk Spectre, Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman.
“I have been working with CGC for years, and I’m very excited to spend a day at their headquarters, signing books and interacting with all of the people who support us,” said Palmiotti. “I can’t wait to see what’s submitted, from our newer works to the classics that got us where we are today.”
Conner added, “While it looks like the conventions are going to be a bust this year, this CGC In-House Private Signing means you can still get signed comics! It won’t be the same as seeing all of your beautiful faces in person, but you can still fill out some of your collection.”
For Palmiotti and Conner’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Palmiotti and Conner for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.
If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
Books can be submitted for only Jimmy Palmiotti’s signature or for only Amanda Conner’s signature, or books can be submitted for both signatures! After Palmiotti and Conner sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
Check CGC social media channels for any signing and scheduling updates.
The fee for this CGC In-House Private Signing is $60 per item for Jimmy Palmiotti’s signature OR Amanda Conner’s signature, or $70 for both signatures per collectible. The applicable fee includes:
- The signature(s) of the creator(s)
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – JIMMY PALMIOTTI, IN-HOUSE SIGNING AMANDA CONNER, OR IN-HOUSE SIGNING – JIMMY AND AMANDA from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIMMY PALMIOTTI, AMANDA CONNER OR BOTH under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write JA on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!