Comic Industry Legend & Extraordinaire Bob Layton Joins the CGC In-House Private Signing Lineup
Posted on 9/25/2020
Comic legend Bob Layton is coming in for a CGC In-House Private Signing! Layton is an American comics writer, artist, designer and editor; with over 6,400 comic books credited to his name – a creative yardstick rivaled only by the late Stan Lee. Layton is most noted for his work on Marvel Comics titles such as Iron Man and Ant-Man, and for co-founding Valiant Comics. Layton’s overhaul and relaunch of Iron Man in the 1970s moved that character from the cancellation list to one of Marvel’s most popular to this day. Also, while at Marvel, Layton launched the first mini-series in comics’ history with his highly-praised Hercules: Prince of Power. That series, which Layton wrote and drew, spawned several successful sequels, a graphic novel and is still available to this day. Layton also launched the record-breaking comic series X-Factor for Marvel. As well as titles like The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Power Man and Iron Fist and Micronauts.
In addition to comics, Layton was also the co-creator of the new Ant-Man franchise and many of the characters appearing in the hit Marvel films Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp including the Ghost. Layton was also instrumental in the creation of the successful Iron Man movies.
“I have truly missed connecting with comic fans during this comic con hiatus,” shared Layton. “But having an opportunity for fans to submit their books for a signature and CGC grading in one location seems like the very best that 2020 can offer us! I also can’t wait to see what you all send in!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, November 20, 2020.
If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Layton signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Bob Layton is $75 per item and includes:
- Bob Layton’s signature
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, November 20, 2020.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and BOB LAYTON, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to BOB LAYTON under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
- Please write BL on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, November 20, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, November 20, 2020.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!