CGC with SWAU Hosts Marvel Universe Star Kat Dennings for a First-Ever Private Signing
Posted on 3/16/2021
CGC is thrilled to partner with SWAU to bring to comic fans an exclusive Private Signing with Kat Dennings! This will be Dennings’ first-ever autograph signing, and we are so honored to have her join the CGC Lineup!
The acclaimed actress made her first professional debut on HBO’s Sex and the City and has since continued to work on other amazing projects. Dennings is an actress and producer best known for her roles starring as Max Black in the CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls and Darcy Lewis in the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero films Thor and Thor: The Dark World. In addition to playing Darcy Lewis, she has also starred in the Disney+ miniseries WandaVision and has a recurring role in Netflix’s original series Big Mouth.
“We are so stoked to partner with SWAU for this special signing for this first-ever Dennings’ signing event,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “I’m overjoyed that such an incredible actress who has starred in so many hit series is joining our signing lineup.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Dennings signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and
encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of three weeks. If
CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be
six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be
shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Kat Dennings is $140 per item and includes:
- Kat Dennings’ Signature
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, and select Private Signing, then select KAT DENNINGS, SIGNATURE
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to KAT DENNINGS under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write KD on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
To qualify for this private signing event, all submissions must be received by CGC no later than Tuesday, June 15, 2021. No change requests will be accepted after Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Wanting to submit non-comic book items for signatures? Please contact SWAU directly for more information.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!