CGC Partners with KLF Sports for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Lupita Nyong’o
Posted on 6/10/2021
CGC is extremely thrilled to announce our first Private Signing with Academy Award Winning actress, Lupita Nyong’o. The star is best known for her work as “Nakia” in Marvel Comics’ Black Panther, “Maz Kanata” in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy and “Nakku Harriet” in Queen of Katwe. She is also a writer — her book, Sulwe, is a New York Times Best Seller — and she is a passionate political and humanitarian activist, using her platform to influence and create change in the world.
Lupita Nyong’o captivated moviegoers around the world with her role in 12 Years a Slave and won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first Kenyan and Mexican actress to win an Academy Award. She also starred in Jordan Peel’s critically acclaimed horror film Us. Today, Lupita continues to campaign and deliver speeches in support of gender equality, women’s rights, cultural diversity in Hollywood and much more.
“Lupita Nyong’o is one of the most influential figures of our generation, from her acting career to her activist work,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “We are so honored to be hosting her, and we know that her fans will absolutely love this signing!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Thursday, July 1, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Lupita Nyong’o signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Lupita Nyong’o is $250 per item and includes:
- Lupita Nyong'o’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
LUPITA NYONG’O, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to LUPITA NYONG’O under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write LN on all sides of the outside of the box.You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Thursday, July 1, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Thursday, July 1, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!