CGC Hosts a Special Private Signing with Acclaimed Writer Kyle Higgins
Posted on 7/15/2021
CGC is stoked to announce an exciting Private Signing event with Kyle Higgins! Best known for his work on the Batman franchise at DC Comics and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers franchise at Boom Studios, Higgins is a New York Times bestselling writer whose work includes Nightwing, Gates of Gotham, Batman Beyond 2.0 and much more.
In addition to being a comic book writer, Higgins is a filmmaker. His first superhero noir film, titled The League, launched his first creator-owned ongoing series, C.O.W.L., with Image Comics. The first issue sold out of its initial print run. Higgins has also co-written one of the Captain America: Theater of War one-shots and later contributed a story for Captain America’s 70th Anniversary issue. Most recently, Higgins has been working on writing his creator owned title, Radiant Black, which has already grown to be one of the biggest breakout comics of 2021.
“Kyle Higgins has worked on some of the comic industry's greatest and most popular series,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “We are so thrilled to host him for this amazing signing.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, August 13, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Kyle Higgins signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Kyle Higgins is $65 per item and includes:
- Kyle Higgins’ signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
KYLE HIGGINS, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to KYLE HIGGINS under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write KH on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, August 13, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, August 13, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!