CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Game of Thrones Star Kit Harington!
Posted on 10/4/2021
CGC is thrilled to team up with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing event with acclaimed actor Kit Harington. The star made his small screen debut as Jon Snow in HBO’s fantasy drama series Game of Thrones, receiving worldwide recognition, a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor, two Emmy Award nominations and a cult following for his role. Since then, he has appeared in several critically acclaimed films, and will be bringing the character of Dane Whitman/ Black Knight to life in the upcoming Marvel Studios film Eternals.
Harington began his acting career in the theater, with his role in the play Warhorse, earning two Olivier Awards for his performance. He later made his feature film debut as Vincent in the horror film series Silent Hill and received an Actor of the Year Award at the Young Hollywood Awards. Since then, he has starred in notable films such as Seventh Son, Testament of Youth, 7 Days in Hell, Pompeii and the award-winning How to Train Your Dragon film series.
“Winter is coming to ACE and CGC with this massive announcement of three of the leading stars of the HBO hit series, Game of Thrones!” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Comic Con President. “Getting Kit Harington (who also portrays Black Knight in the upcoming ETERNALS film), Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage for this very special triple signing is truly extraordinary! Game of Thrones fans, get ready, as you will have plenty of solo, dual and group options for the CGC Signature Series!”
“The Signature Series team and I are overjoyed to be partnering with ACE and KLF to bring fans this exclusive Private Signing opportunity,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “We are certain that all of our Game of Thrones fans are going to absolutely love this signing, and we are so excited to announce this one!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, November 12, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Harington signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Kit Harington is $300 per item and includes:
- Kit Harington’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
KIT HARINGTON, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to KIT HARINGTON under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write KH on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, November 12, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, November 12, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
**** FOR MULTI SIG OPTIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING CGC FACILITATORS****
- Justin Hess from the Comic Monster : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Torrey Quella from Twin Cities Comics : email@example.com
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!