CGC Partners with Celebrity Authentics for an Exclusive Private Signing with Willem Dafoe
Posted on 6/16/2022
CGC is joining with Celebrity Authentics to bring fans an exclusive private signing opportunity with the one and only Willem Dafoe. Dafoe has been recognized with four Academy Award nominations: Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Platoon, Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Shadow Of The Vampire, for which he also received Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild nominations, Best Actor in a Supporting Role for The Florida Project, for which he also received Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild nominations, and most recently, Best Leading Actor for At Eternity's Gate, for which he also received a Golden Globe nomination.
In addition to his role as Vulko in Aquaman, Willem is perhaps best known to the comic world for his role as the Green Goblin, most recently co-starring alongside Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield in 2021’s Spider-Man: No Way Home which has a staggering worldwide gross of almost $2 billion at the box office. This will be Dafoe's first official signing opportunity.
“When thinking of famed comic book film characters, Willem’s performances as Norman Obsborn quickly comes to everyone's mind" notes Joe Lamothe, Celebrity Authentics President. “We’re honored to have been chosen as the exclusive source for Willem’s autograph and provide fans with this rare opportunity to add his signature to their collection. Sharing this with our friends at CGC makes it even more special."
“Willem has provided moviegoers with so many memorable performances, we are thrilled to be able to join with Celebrity Authentics in offering him to our CGC customers” shares Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. "Celebrity Authentics continues to deliver fans and collectors the most coveted autograph opportunities and that certainly continues with Willem!”
Autographs are very limited. Please visit celebrityauthentics.com to view additional autographed product opportunities from Mr. Dafoe.
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Monday, August 15, 2022.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Dafoe signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Willem Dafoe’s autograph is $300 per item and includes:
- Willem Dafoe’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
WILLEM DAFOE, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to WILLEM DAFOE under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write WD on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Monday, August 15, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Monday, August 15, 2022.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!