CGC Announces In-House Private Signing with Iconic Comic Book Artist Todd McFarlane
Posted on 9/6/2022
CGC Signature Series is excited to announce that the one and only Todd McFarlane is returning for another exclusive In-House Private Signing, and this time, he’ll be signing comics books and Marvel cards featuring his art.
Fans will have the option to purchase two brand-new Todd McFarlane custom labels for their comic book submissions, including the very first Todd McFarlane Spawn label, for an additional $5 fee. Marvel cards will automatically be encapsulated with a special Todd McFarlane custom label. (For more information about how to submit Marvel cards, click here.)
In his early days, McFarlane worked for Marvel and DC Comics, and he went on to become one of the founding members of Image Comics, where he currently holds the position of President. He has been awarded both the National Cartoonist Society Award and Inkpot Award during his career, and he was inducted into the Canadian Comic Book Creator Hall of Fame in 2011.
McFarlane is best known for his highly recognizable work on series like The Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, The Incredible Hulk and his creator-owned series Spawn. He also is the co-creator of the fan favorite Marvel character, Venom. Recently, at San Diego Comic Con 2022, McFarlane announced that he will be writing an all-new Batman/Spawn crossover with artist Greg Capullo, slated for Winter 2022.
“The CGC Signature Series team is proud to welcome Todd McFarlane for what is sure to be an enormous In-House Private Signing!” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “He is a comic industry legend, and we are beyond honored to have him join us. With so many iconic covers, and the opportunity to submit Marvel cards, we’re really looking forward to seeing all of the fan submissions for this special signing!”
Instructions for submitting comic books
For this exclusive signing, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit comic books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, November 11, 2022.
If the In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After McFarlane signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a comic book signed by Todd McFarlane is $120 per item and includes:
- Todd McFarlane’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
Todd McFarlane will NOT sign any of these books during the CGC In-House Private Signing: Venom #1 Color Variant Cover, Venomverse #1 B&W Variant, Venomverse #1 Color, Venom #6 Color Variant Edition, Spawn Retailer Thank You Variant. TODD WILL NOT SIGN ANY PARODY COVERS. He will only sign books and characters he has worked on.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
TODD MCFARLANE, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TODD MCFARLANE under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write TM on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, November 11, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, November 11, 2022.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
**Due to extremely high demand, we expect this signing will occur over the course of at least a few months. Submissions will be signed by Todd McFarlane on a first-come, first-served basis. Later submissions may experience long turnaround times. As always, turnaround times are not guaranteed.
Never miss the latest CGC news!
Sign up to receive the CGC eNewsletter delivered right to your inbox.