CGC Joins with Celebrity Authentics for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Robert Pattinson!
Posted on 9/15/2022
CGC is joining forces with Celebrity Authentics to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing opportunity with one of the rarest and most sought-after autographs for fans and collectors, Robert Pattinson.
After his role as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), Robert Pattinson quickly became a film standout at the age of 19. He would soon reach greater, international heights of fame with his lead performance as Edward Cullen in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight franchise. His unrecognizable role as an explorer in the amazon jungle in The Lost City of Z (2016), which brought him much critical acclaim. Then, his transformation into a sleazy, manic conman in the gritty crime thriller Good Time (2017) earned a six-minute standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival and brought him a nomination for Best Actor at the Independent Spirit Awards.
With this incredible success came frequent requests for autograph appearances and signings, yet Pattinson chose to focus on his career and craft. He continued with a leading role in Christopher Nolan’s time bending spy film Tenet (2020) and in 2022, Pattinson brought his career to a stellar new fandom with his acclaimed performance as the DC Comics superhero Batman in Matt Reeves’ film The Batman.
“We are honored that Robert Pattinson chose Celebrity Authentics to exclusively host his first, and very possibly, only autograph signing. He hasn’t signed over all of these years and feedback is that this may prove to be his only signing,” shares Joe Lamothe, Celebrity Authentics President. “Being able to share this signing with CGC and their amazing collectors just makes it that much more special.”
"Celebrity Authentics has a history of delivering the biggest celebrity names, and it’s always been a pleasure working with Joe, his team at Celebrity Authentics and, of course, their rare signing guests,” adds Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. "Robert Pattinson is certainly one we’ve all been waiting for, so being able to assist our collectors in obtaining his signature is something we are certainly proud to deliver.”
To help create a special piece, Pattinson will also be completing Personalizations, Character Names and Quotes on items for an additional fee. For more information about these options and additional product options, visit CelebrityAuthentics.com.
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Saturday, November 19, 2022.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Pattinson signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Robert Pattinson’s autograph is $400 per item and includes:
- Robert Pattinson’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
ROBERT PATTINSON, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to ROBERT PATTINSON under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write RP on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Saturday, November 19, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Saturday, November 19, 2022.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.