CGC Announces In-House Private Signing with Comic Book Writer David Michelinie
Posted on 3/8/2023
CGC is excited to announce that we will be hosting an exclusive In-House Private Signing with comic book writer, David Michelinie! Michelinie has been a professional writer for nearly 50 years, working for major publishers like Marvel and DC Comics. He has written over 650 comic book stories throughout his exceptional career.
Michelinie is best known for co-creating well-known characters in the Marvel Universe like Venom, Carnage, James Rhodes and Scott Lang who have all been featured in multiple movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. During his career, he has written across many genres, including westerns, war, horror and superhero comics. Some of the many comic titles he has worked on include The Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man, Marvel Team-Up, Web of Spider-Man, House of Mystery, House of Secrets and Action Comics.
In addition to comics, he has published two novels, has placed short stories in anthologies and periodicals, is a published poet and has written scripts for the Nicktoons animated TV series, Iron Man Armored Adventures. His comic book biography of Mother Teresa won the Catholic Book Award for Best Children’s Book, and a recent prose effort, “Lord Pemberton’s Adjustment Service”, won the 2017 Pulp Factory Award for Best Short Story.
For this exclusive signing, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, May 5, 2023.
If the In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Michelinie signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for David Michelinie is $90 per item and includes:
- David Michelinie’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
DAVID MICHELINIE, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DAVID MICHELINIE under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write DM on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 5, 2023, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 5, 2023.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!