CGC-graded First Falcon Flies High in ComicLink Auction
Posted on 1/19/2023
Books with the first appearances of the Falcon and Spider-Man, each graded by Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®), climbed to the top of the January ComicLink Auction on January 16, 2023.
Ahead of the rest was a Captain America #117 graded CGC 9.8 that sold for $60,000. This comic marks the first appearance of Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon, who later assumed the role of Captain America in comics and on film, played by actor Anthony Mackie. This is the second-highest sale of this book, after a CGC 9.8 was sold for $78,000 in September 2022, and both sales soared high above the third-highest sale of $10,765 in September 2021.
|Click images to enlarge.|
Not far behind was an Amazing Fantasy #15 graded CGC 5.5 that sold for $58,000. This comic features the first appearance of Spider-Man in 1962, and this particular copy comes from the personal collection of David Parsow, the personal tailor for Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee.
Other CGC-certified standouts in this auction included:
- an Incredible Hulk #1 graded CGC 5.5 that realized $47,000
- a Giant-Size X-Men #1 graded CGC 9.8 that realized $29,249
- an Incredible Hulk #181 graded CGC 9.6 that realized $22,794
- a Fantastic Four #1 graded CGC 4.5 that realized $22,472
- an Avengers #1 graded CGC 8.0 that realized $21,800
- an Amazing Spider-Man #129 graded CGC 9.8 that realized $20,100
- a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 graded CGC 9.0 that realized $18,500
- an All Winners Comics #1 graded CGC 8.0 that realized $16,500
- a Journey into Mystery #83 graded CGC 5.5 that realized $16,140
- a Marvel Feature #1 graded CGC 9.8 that realized $15,250
- an Amazing Spider-Man #13 graded CGC 9.2 that realized $11,805
- an X-Men #1 graded CGC 4.5 that realized $11,600
- an Incredible Hulk Annual #1 graded CGC 9.8 that realized $11,550
- a Daredevil #1 graded CGC 8.0 that realized $11,362
- a Fantastic Four #5 graded CGC 4.5 that realized $9,100
Prices realized include buyer’s premium.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!