Get Ready Comic Fans Because CGC is Hosting a Signing Event with Comic Book Artist J. Scott Campbell
Posted on 8/7/2020
CGC is thrilled to be hosting a private signing event with the incredible comic book artist J. Scott Campbell. J. Scott began his career working with comic book superstar Jim Lee at Wildstorm Productions. While at Wildstorm, J. Scott co-created the teen superhero team Gen 13, which debuted in Deathmate Black (1993).
J. Scott is known for his wildly successful Danger Girl series, which debuted in 1998. You can also find J. Scott's flirtatious characters gracing books such as The Amazing Spider-Man, Black Cat, Harley Quinn, Uncanny X-Men and Catwoman, and his highly sought-after FairyTale Fantasies collection.
“We hope our comic fans are having just as much fun as we are with these signings,” exclaimed Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Hosting an event with J Scott is going to be incredible and I know his fans have been waiting on this one from us. It's going to be a great one!”
For this CGC Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with J. Scott to sign the collectibles in October.
If the CGC Private Signing event needs to be changed, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After J. Scott signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee of $80 per item includes:
- J. Scott Campbell’s signature ($30)
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Thursday, October 1, 2020.
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, PRIVATE SIGNING from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to J. SCOTT CAMPBELL under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
- Please write JSC on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Thursday, October 1, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Thursday, October 1, 2020.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!