CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exciting Private Signing Event with Captain America Star, Chris Evans!
Posted on 2/8/2021
CGC is excited to partner with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring comic fans another BIG private signing opportunity. And by big, we mean the one and only Captain America — Chris Evans! Grab your favorite Cap books and get them ready for signatures, quotes (up to 6 words, i.e., “Avengers Assemble!”) and/or inscriptions (i.e., “To Jane”).
Chris Evans has been on the big screen since 2000 and has played the beloved Captain America (Steve Rogers) in 11 films: Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. In addition to portraying Captain America, he has also starred as Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) in Fantastic Four.
“Captain America is one of Marvel’s most beloved characters and to bring this signing opportunity to comic fans — when Comic Cons are still stalled — is such an incredible honor,” shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “We are thrilled to be partnering with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to offer yet another exciting private signing!”
“Chris Evans’ portrayal of Captain America is iconic and has cemented him as one of the biggest global box office stars,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Universe President. “Allowing collectors to send directly to CGC Signature Series for this signing is a huge win for fans around the world. It is a very rare signing and will surely be our largest CGC Send-In session to date!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, March 19, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Evans signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Chris Evans is $305 per item and includes:
- Chris Evans Signature
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private
Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
CHRIS EVANS, SIGNATURE Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to CHRIS EVANS under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
- IMPORTANT : Please write CE on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, March 19, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, March 19, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Wanting to submit non-comic items for signatures? Visit these sites:
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!