CGC Welcomes Award-Winning Comic Book Writer James Tynion IV for an In-House Private Signing
Posted on 3/24/2021
CGC is stoked to share that the award-winning comic book writer James Tynion IV will be joining CGC for an In-House Private Signing! Tynion is an American writer best known for his work on the successful DC Comics Batman series. Tynion has also written and created stories for Marvel, IDW Publishing, Boom! Studios and more.
Some of Tynion’s most popular titles include The Department of Truth, Something Is Killing the Children, Detective Comics, Justice League Dark , and the three DC and IDW crossovers with Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He has been nominated for Eisner and Harvey Awards, and won the 2016 GLAAD Media award for Outstanding Comic Book for his work on The Woods.
“Our Signature Series team cannot wait to begin working with James Tynion IV for this exciting private signing!” shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “Fans are going to be so overjoyed to hear about this event, and we are beyond honored to be working with such a brilliant writer who has created so many amazing titles.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Saturday, May 1, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Tynion signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for James Tynion is $70 per item and includes:
- James Tynion’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE .
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
Select Comic or Magazine from the
drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and
JAMES TYNION, IN-HOUSE SIGNING from the drop-down menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JAMES TYNION under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
- IMPORTANT: Please write JT on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
To qualify for this private signing event, all submissions must be received by CGC no later than Saturday, May 1, 2021. No change requests will be accepted after Saturday, May 1, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!