CGC joins forces with SWAU for an exclusive Idris Elba’s First-Ever Private Signing
Posted on 4/23/2021
CGC, in partnership with SWAU, is excited to announce a Private Signing event with Idris Elba. This will be Idris’ first-ever autograph signing.
Idris Elba is known to fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for his role as Heimdall in the Thor franchise, as well as his award-winning role as DCI John Luther in the BBC’s crime drama show Luther. He is also renowned for his other cinematic work, including Beasts of No Nation, Pacific Rim, Star Trek Beyond and the biographical documentary Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. He starred in HBO’s hit drama television series The Wire as Stringer Bell and voiced characters in the animated films Finding Dory, Zootopia and the live-action adaptation of The Jungle Book.
Elba has won and been nominated for numerous awards throughout his career, including four Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor, winning one for Luther; five nominations for a Primetime Emmy Award for Luther and The Big C; and both Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations for his role as Commandant in Beasts of No Nation.
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 16, 2021.
If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Idris signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The Private Signing fee for Idris Elba is $300 per item and includes:
- Idris Elba’s Signature
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
For this Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private
Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
IDRIS ELBA, SIGNATURE Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to IDRIS ELBA under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
- IMPORTANT: Please write IE on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 16, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 16, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want to submit non-comic book items for signatures? Please contact SWAU directly for more information.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!