CGC Welcomes Sara Frazetta for an Exclusive In-House Private Signing Event!
Posted on 5/15/2021
CGC is thrilled to announce an exclusive In-House Private Signing event with Sara Frazetta, granddaughter of Frank Frazetta, one of the most popular fantasy illustrators of the late-20th century who is often referred to as the “Godfather” of fantasy art. Frazetta has continued her grandfather's legacy as the CEO and co-founder of Frazetta Girls, LLC, which licenses Frank Frazetta’s artworks. In addition, Sara recently helped her mother, Holly Frazetta, re-open the Frazetta Art Museum in Boca Grande, Florida dedicated to her grandfather’s works.
Sara Frazetta is the mastermind behind Frazetta Girls, a platform that showcases, sells and creates merchandise of all kinds while exhibiting Frank Frazetta’s art at various comic conventions. Frank Frazetta was an extremely talented fantasy and science fiction artist, noted for comic books, paintings, posters and other media. He was inducted into the comic book industry’s Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame and the Science Fiction Hall of Fame in addition to receiving a Life Achievement Award from the World Fantasy Convention.
The Frazetta Girls have gained a large social media presence while promoting and displaying their online store and lifestyle brand through in-house merchandising. Frazetta has reinvented and created a modern online world where she has been able to honor her grandfather’s work while showcasing her passion for the arts.
“We are so excited to host Sara Frazetta at our headquarters for this special signing! I am a huge fan of Frank Frazetta’s work, and we cannot wait to share this signing with collectors,” commented Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Sara has made major contributions in the art world and has become an influential figure through multiple social media platforms. We are honored to feature her!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, June 4 2021.
If the CGC In-house Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Sara Frazetta signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Sara Frazetta is $65 per item and includes:
- Sara Frazetta’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
SARA FRAZETTA, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to SARA FRAZETTA under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
- IMPORTANT: Please write SF on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 4, 2021, to qualify for this In-house Private Signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 4, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!