CGC Partners with ACE Comic Con for a Private Signing Event with Josh Brolin
Posted on 6/14/2021
CGC is thrilled to announce an exclusive Private Signing with Academy Award-nominated actor, Josh Brolin. He is well known as Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and also for his role as Cable in Deadpool 2. As Thanos, he made cameo appearances in Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Brolin’s other celebrated film work includes Milk, American Gangster, Planet Terror, Sicario, No Country for Old Men and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. He received awards from the New York Film Critics Circle and the National Board of Review for his portrayal of Dan White in the film Milk. Brolin has also starred in numerous shows such as ABC’s western TV series The Young Riders, Winnetka Road and Mister Sterling.
“Josh Brolin’s Thanos is quite possibly the most historically important and sinister villain since Darth Vader,” said Stephen Shamus, ACE Universe President. “ACE Comic Con and CGC have once again partnered to bring you the greatest A-list celebrities for CGC Signature Series. Josh has portrayed not one, but two iconic superhero characters with Thanos and Cable and has had a remarkable career starring in many classic films. ACE and CGC always love to bring you the best and we feel like we’ve done it again!"
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 16, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Josh Brolin signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Josh Brolin is $285 per item and includes:
- Josh Brolin’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
JOSH BROLIN, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JOSH BROLIN under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write JB on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 16, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 16, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!