CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Don Cheadle
Posted on 7/20/2021
CGC is thrilled to team up with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing with award winning actor Don Cheadle. The global star plays James Rhodes/ War Machine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and has appeared as the character in Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War and many more famous titles. Cheadle will reprise the role in the upcoming Disney+ series Armor Wars.
Cheadle is renowned as an actor, film producer, director and writer. He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Paul Rusesabagina in the historical drama Hotel Rwanda and won a Golden Globe for his role in House of Lies as Marty Kaan. Indeed, since being named Best Supporting Actor by the Los Angeles Film Critics for his breakout role in Devil in A Blue Dress, Cheadle has delivered many powerful performances on the stage and screen. In addition to his numerous acting honors, he was nominated for a Grammy for Best Spoken World Album for his narration of the Walter Mosley novel Fear Itself.
“ACE Comic Con and CGC once again bring you the top A+ MCU stars in the world with War Machine, Don Cheadle,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Universe President. “Don, an Academy Award Nominee, has appeared in six Marvel Studios films, and we are truly excited to offer the fans a rare opportunity to have their books signed by him and graded by CGC.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, August 27, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Don Cheadle signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Don Cheadle is $260 per item and includes:
- Don Cheadle’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
DON CHEADLE, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DON CHEADLE under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write DC on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, August 27, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, August 27, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!