CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Simu Liu!
Posted on 9/3/2021
CGC is thrilled to team up with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing with Screen Award-nominated actor, writer and producer Simu Liu, star of Marvel’s latest film Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings. Liu has signed exclusively with ACE and KLF, making this event the only place to get his signature! He will be offering autographs in English as well as Chinese. See pricing and more details below!
Liu began his career in film and television at a young age when he landed roles in series such as Heroes Reborn, Nikita and Warehouse 13. Since then, the critically acclaimed actor has continued to star in some of the industry’s biggest titles including Blood and Water and Taken. He is best-known for his role as Jung Kim in the award-winning sitcom Kim’s Convenience. In addition, Liu has written and produced for television and has guest starred in shows including Bad Blood, Fresh Off the Boat and The Expanse.“Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings is a cultural phenomenon and having Simu Liu sign for CGC and ACE for his first signing ever is extraordinary,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE President. “Simu Liu is going to be front and center for the MCU for years to come, and being able to get CGC Signature Series is a phenomenal opportunity for the fans."
“We are so excited to be partnering with ACE and KLF to bring fans another fantastic Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Simu Liu is an extremely influential and impactful actor, and we are beyond honored to be able to work with the young star for this signing. Liu’s autographs will only be offered during this exclusive signing so be sure not to miss out on this opportunity!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, October 22, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Liu signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Simu Liu’s Autograph in English is $230 per item and includes:
- Simu Liu’s signature in English
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
SIMU LIU, ENGLISH PRIVATE SIGNING; SIMU LIU, CHINESE PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to SIMU LIU under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write SL on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, October 22, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, October 22, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!