CGC Announces a Private Signing Event with Comic Book Writer and Novelist Steve Englehart
Posted on 11/19/2021
CGC is proud to announce that we will be hosting an exclusive Private Signing with the influential comic book writer and novelist Steve Englehart. He had a celebrated career in comics thanks to his time at Marvel where he wrote 32 issues of Captain America Vol 1 and 40 issues of Avengers Vol 1. Credited with reshaping the Marvel Universe with his captivating characters, Englehart has been named Favorite Writer at the Eagle Awards and has received an Inkpot Award for his acclaimed work.
Englehart began his career in comics at Warren Publishing as an artistic assistant while working on the horror comics magazine Vampirella. Since then, Englehart has written for some of the most popular comic series such as Spider-Man, Superman, The Fantastic Four, Doctor Strange, The Hulk and Batman for DC and Marvel comics. He co-created Ultraverse comics and wrote the highly anticipated series Night Man, which was later adapted into a television series. In addition, he has written and published novels including The Point Man, The Long Man and The Plain Man.
“We are beyond excited to be given the opportunity to work with the legendary writer Steve Englehart for this exclusive Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Steve has changed the modern comic book industry with his contributions, and we could not wait to share this thrilling news with our comic fans!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Monday, January 10, 2022.
If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Englehart signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Steve Englehart is $75 per item and includes:
- Steve Englehart’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
STEVE ENGLEHART, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to STEVE ENGLEHART under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write SE on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Monday, January 10, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Monday, January 10, 2022.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!