CGC & Harvestor Investments Partner on Label for Marvel® Comic Foils
Posted on 11/13/2018
Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) and Harvestor Investments have partnered to create a special CGC Marvel® Comics certification label for the new Amazing Fantasy #15 Silver and Gold Foils. Amazing Fantasy #15 is the first release in the new Marvel Classic Comic Covers Foil Series being released by Harvestor Investments.
Amazing Fantasy #15 is perhaps one of the most valuable and most recognizable Marvel® titles of all time. Not only does this comic feature the first appearance of Spider-Man but it is widely considered one of Stan Lee's greatest works. It is also known as the comic that set the storytelling style for the modern Marvel Universe.
Amazing Fantasy #15 also claims a place in history as the first Modern Age comic to sell for over $1 million in auction! Today, copies in every grade are still heavily sought-after by collectors.
The new Amazing Fantasy #15 Silver and Gold Foils feature an exact replica of the original, thrilling cover by world-renowned artist Jack Kirby and incorporate both color and engraving. These unique collectibles are made from 1 oz. of .999 fine silver and 1 oz. of .999 fine gold, and measure 179 x 259 mm, roughly the same size as the original comic book form 1962! Mintage is strictly limited to 1,000 silver foils and 10 gold foils.
CGC's Marvel® logo label is only available through Harvestor Investments, but collectors can still submit their foils for the standard CGC blue label.
- At CGCcomics.com, click on the Submit Comics pulldown menu and choose Submission Forms.
- Collectors Society members should log in using their email address on file with NGC, PMG or CGC. CGC Authorized Dealers should log in using their CGC dealer number.
- Next to the Comics/Magazines section, click the Online Form link.
- Select Comic. Select how you wish to submit. Then select Grading, and click Next.
- Select your quantity and then enter your title. Enter 2018 Pure Silver Foil for the publisher and US as the country. Click Next.
- The grading fee is $25 per foil (or $20 for orders of 25 or more). Select the Modern Grading tier, but keep in mind CGC will later adjust your fee to the correct amount.
- Proceed through checkout. Please submit foil orders separately from other collectibles.
- On your packing slip, please indicate FIRST RELEASES if you want that designation on your label or NO DESIGNATION if you do not want a designation. (All foils received within the first 30 days will receive the Early Releases designation by default.) There is no additional fee for First Releases or Early Releases designations, but please note that only those foils that are received by CGC within 30 days of the foil’s release date are eligible to receive these designations (see cutoff dates here).
- On your packing slip, write RETURN PACKAGING if you want your original mint packaging returned. There is a fee of $5 plus shipping costs per submission form for this option.
- Mail your Submission Forms with your securely packaged foils to CGC. It is recommended that the foils be kept flat; do not insert the foils into tube-like packaging.
Questions? Call CGC Customer Service at 941-360-3991 or use the online contact form at CGCcomics.com/contact
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!